NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Masterson 2013 Outlook

ssmarsh

Jeez, i was hoping for the best when I picked up Masterson prior to the season starting but this is amazing. So far, all 3 starts have been on the road and he's been total domination.

Wuz @ home tonight

I'm an idiot...i was actually watching the game as i was posting too.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The White Sox had four lefties in the lineup - two of them I've never heard of.

My point is that he's always been able to dominate righties, but lefties have given him trouble. Not sure if he's made an adjustment this year. His stuff has always looked good.

My point is that he's always been able to dominate righties, but lefties have given him trouble. Not sure if he's made an adjustment this year. His stuff has always looked good.

Tom Hamilton was saying tonight how he's already been throwing his slider a lot more than last year on a per game basis. Granted it's been three games.

So what's the consensus? Real deal or sell high candidate?

Tom Hamilton was saying tonight how he's already been throwing his slider a lot more than last year on a per game basis. Granted it's been three games.

So what's the consensus? Real deal or sell high candidate?

Real Deal

This would be my 3rd year owning Masterson, and the 2nd of both he and Quintana - - was hoping for a 0-0 ballgame, and somehow pulled out the CG SO.

Luckily I managed to grab him off the waivers. As a Tribe fan, I still have memories of him from last year and I think it will make me nervous all year when he takes the mound.

Is he now a must start next week vs. Bos? At home?

Have had this guy on my bench both weeks now, and regretting it both times.

The BoSox have two lefties (Ellsbury and Drew) and 3 switch hitters in their lineup (Nava, Salti, Victorino). Two of their righties (Napoli and Middlebrooks) have both hit HR's against him.

I think I will continue to start him , while he is pitching well. I also picked him up off the WW and have been trying to "sell high" after his first 2 starts, but no bites, so i might as well hold him and play him. His k/bb number is elite. Great GB % as well. He is dominating righties at a 12 k/9IP . Lefties only a 5.5. However, I did read he had an increase in Velocity of over 2 mph from april 2012 to april 2013, which is the highest in the majors. He could be the real deal.

Tough to sell high on a guy like this IMO. It would really take a while for people to bite I think. Since most of us picked him up off the WW or with a very late round pick, might as well ride this train until it hits the next stop.

Today's match-up

Jacoby Ellsbury CF (L)

Shane Victorino RF (S)

Dustin Pedroia 2B ®

Mike Napoli DH ®

Daniel Nava LF (L)

Will Middlebrooks 3B ®

Jarrod Saltalamacchia C (S)

Stephen Drew SS (L)

Mike Carp 1B (L)

he's bad... he's always been bad... shame on you for thinking he'd be good this season! Take this suckers! (i'm only this happy because my opponent has him and he's in first place and i wanna beat that SOB!) hahaha so no offence

Archived