NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Masterson 2013 Outlook

ssmarsh

he's bad... he's always been bad... shame on you for thinking he'd be good this season! Take this suckers! (i'm only this happy because my opponent has him and he's in first place and i wanna beat that SOB!) hahaha so no offence

He was solid in 2011, took a step back last year, and got off to a quick start this year. I don't think it's fair to say he's bad when he had thrown back to back shutouts.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's bad... he's always been bad... shame on you for thinking he'd be good this season! Take this suckers! (i'm only this happy because my opponent has him and he's in first place and i wanna beat that SOB!) hahaha so no offence

He was solid in 2011, took a step back last year, and got off to a quick start this year. I don't think it's fair to say he's bad when he had thrown back to back shutouts.

Dude those were his first 3 starts of the season.... Kemp is hitting.185 this year does that mean he's gonna be bad? absolutely not but masterson has always sucked in my mind so i dont see why you guys jumped on the bandwagon this early in the year when a lot of teams can't hit a basketball yet

I feel like the whole Boston situation had a lot to do with this, I was mainly afraid just because Boston was going to be pumped up an really wanna play and put on a show so people can forget what happened. More Boston than Masterson I think.

I feel like the whole Boston situation had a lot to do with this, I was mainly afraid just because Boston was going to be pumped up an really wanna play and put on a show so people can forget what happened. More Boston than Masterson I think.

Worst. Reasoning. Ever.

Worst. Reasoning. Ever.

You're right, a tradegy struck Boston and many o the players close at heart, the whole city is in distress the fact that 617 Boston jersey hangs in the dugout for every player to see knowing what happened doesn't give them a little extra mtotivation to play harder.

Give credit to Boston. They knew Masterson struggles against lefties so they stacked their lineup with 6 lefties/switch hitters. And one of the righties (Napoli) has had success against him in the past. This was not going to be a walk in the park.

I think the start actually showed a lot. He had trouble , loaded the bases how many times? Hung in there and still made it through 5 innings with only 4 Runs. How many pitchers this year have given up like 7 runs in 2.1 innings? Showed some mental toughness today, IMO.

Archived