NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just Drafted in a 20-teamer: Any feedback appreciated---WHIR!

smokymonkey

20-team 5x5 roto, 1250 IP cap. I had the #10 pick. Pick #s in ()s.

IF: Doumit (C, 191), Fielder (1B, 10), Keppinger (2B, 330), Lawrie (3B, 90), Segura (SS, 271)

OF/UT: Heyward (31), Bruce (50), Melky (130) (OF), Hunter (210, UT)

BN: Gyorko (231), Bourjos (351), Valdespin (431)

SP: Sale (71), Kennedy (111), Bailey (151), Cobb (250), AJ Griffin (290), C-Lewis (370)

RP: Perkins (170), D-Hernandez (311), Burton (391), Dotel (410)

I'm pretty happy with most of these picks---I got Bruce, Sale, Melky, Hunter, Lawrie, Cobb & Griffin slightly after their general ADPs, but I know I'm a little light on SBs in general, & also of course in Saves. It's nice to have 2 closers in a 20-teamer, but I didn't want to reach for, say Parnell or League & end up with AJ Ellis at C, etc. At least I have all the saves in MINN locked up, with Burton as my Perkins handcuff. & Gyorko will be my 2B once he qualifies there & I can rotate the hot hand between Keppinger & Valdespin until he does.

What do you think? Would you be thinking trades here or just staying put & waiting for the season to start playing out?

Thanks for the help! Leave a link.

Gyorko, assuming he produces, saves you at 2b. I think Segura is a sleeper this year, but would have rather gone with someone like Simmons. Cobb is a great pick, also like Melky if he comes back strong. You might have to trade a starting pitcher if you want speed, you can't trade Gyorko and Bourjos/Valdespin won't draw much interest.

Not to bad for Roto, will Lawrie be ready to start season, not thrilled with pitching but you can alwayes find something decent on wire although alittle harded with 20 teams.

Yeah, that's good (IMO). I like your starting pitching. Your IF will look real good once Gyorko gets 2B eligibility. And your OF could be the best in the league. Your Relievers are kinda weak, but I agree that you can probably find saves if you're active enough (even in a 20 team). Steals - same deal.

Archived