NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4.29.13 - Angels (Hanson) @ A's (Straily) Gamethread

MiggyRunsTings

I know I'm going to sound like Captain Hindsight, but they should have walked Cespedes as soon as they fell behind in the count 2-0. Oakland has 1 guy that scares you... that's Cespedes. That's pretty much a textbook IBB situation.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't tell for sure after several replays, but I think they made the right call. That sign is set behind the wall a bit & it would be hard to bounce one off it and drop fair at that trajectory.

Angels announcers are horrible. They never noticed the ball bouncing off the sign. A's announcers caught it right away.

It was a difficult call to make just funny how the Angels announcers kept saying "that ball didn't even hit the wall!" when the review was about the ball ricocheting off the out-of-town scoreboard which is out of play

Anyone still awake? lol.

I am. Angels finally take the lead in the top if the 15th.

Donaldson leads off the bottom of the 15th with a routine grounder to 2b that Kendrick bobbles but throws accurately to 1st with plenty of time...that Pujols drops.

Then Jerome Williams working his 6th inning of work walks Norris. 2 on for the A's, no outs, CBY up.

Archived