NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Should this trade be vetoed?

Background: we had to replace someone this year, and the new guy was noticably 'poor' at the auction. he paid for all the pizza though so no complaints lol. anyway he's in 2nd last place right now, and just made a trade with 1st place guy.

1st place guy gets: Ryan Zimmerman, Matt Cain, and Balfour

last place guy gets: Evan Longoria

i know cain is off to a bad start, but he's been pretty money in the bank over his career. i think this is a terrible trade. it is a keeper league but Longo is $35, same with Zimmerman, so not really like he's getting a great keeper value. thoughts?

Frustrating trade I imagine with the 1st place team getting 3 good pieces for 1, but seems within reason. The shallower the league the better the trade. If it's a 10 team its pretty fair. The deeper the league the more unfair it is.

no veto

12 team league.

yeah i just see it as cain is worth much more than the gap between zimmerman and longo. and then balfour is also thrown in? to me zimmerman and cain for longo isn't fair in and of itself. i have confidence cain will be fine. it sucks like u said, seeing the 1st place guy become obviously better imo.

Frustrating trade I imagine with the 1st place team getting 3 good pieces for 1, but seems within reason. The shallower the league the better the trade. If it's a 10 team its pretty fair. The deeper the league the more unfair it is.

no veto

12 team league.

yeah i just see it as cain is worth much more than the gap between zimmerman and longo. and then balfour is also thrown in? to me zimmerman and cain for longo isn't fair in and of itself. i have confidence cain will be fine. it sucks like u said, seeing the 1st place guy become obviously better imo.

I bought low on Cain in a league too, for Cingrani and Reed. People were not thrilled with the trade at the time, now they hate me. haha.

Did it right after Cingrani's first two amazing starts and Cain was sucking. He's still not doing well. Cain/Zimmerman seem like they'll be fine (Cain more so), but there's no guarantee. It could work out a lot of ways

He's getting a much better value because he's getting a much better player for the same price. Throwing in Cain and a closer is the price of doing business. I like this for the guy getting Longo. I have Zimmerman in the league in my sig, we keep 10, no salary and I'm probably throwing him back next year.

Don't forget Zimmerman's shoulder injury in this, too.

Archived