NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Bushleague BS

not really a bench coach question persay, but just venting. if anyone has any thoughts, giver.

this guy last night offers me Hart, Chris Johnson, and Billingsly (we're in a keeper and he's $1 so i suppose he possibly has some value) for David Phelps. I like the deal, but don't want to drop 2 players from my team for Johnson and Bills, so I counter offer just Phelps for Hart. whattaya know, this morning he declines the deal. how ******** bushleague is that. this guy is the new guy in our league, and he's 1 game in front of last place. this reminds me of in pro sports, guys agreeing to sign with teams, but reneg at the last minute before actually signing in person. or GM's agreeing to a trade, only to kill the deal before it's official in stone.

called him out on the message board lol. not in a confrontational way, but asking what the deal is, and saying it was kind of bushleague.

i think it's important to note too, that it's not as if he proposed the deal and i countered immediately. he proposed last night went to bed, woke up this morning to my counter offer, and declined. sigh.

not really a bench coach question persay, but just venting. if anyone has any thoughts, giver.

this guy last night offers me Hart, Chris Johnson, and Billingsly (we're in a keeper and he's $1 so i suppose he possibly has some value) for David Phelps. I like the deal, but don't want to drop 2 players from my team for Johnson and Bills, so I counter offer just Phelps for Hart. whattaya know, this morning he declines the deal. how ******** bushleague is that. this guy is the new guy in our league, and he's 1 game in front of last place. this reminds me of in pro sports, guys agreeing to sign with teams, but reneg at the last minute before actually signing in person. or GM's agreeing to a trade, only to kill the deal before it's official in stone.

called him out on the message board lol. not in a confrontational way, but asking what the deal is, and saying it was kind of bushleague.

i think it's important to note too, that it's not as if he proposed the deal and i countered immediately. he proposed last night went to bed, woke up this morning to my counter offer, and declined. sigh.

Kinda strange I guess, you are giving him a better deal. Is there some fallout like by unloading those guys, maybe there were guys he could then pick up to fill their spots? Just trying to see if there was some reason why he wanted to give you those guys and when they werent part of the deal he backed out.

Kinda strange I guess, you are giving him a better deal. Is there some fallout like by unloading those guys, maybe there were guys he could then pick up to fill their spots? Just trying to see if there was some reason why he wanted to give you those guys and when they werent part of the deal he backed out.

nope, it's the exact equivalent to him just making my deal and dropping those 2 guys. exact same outcome for him.

Archived