NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Sean Nolin 2013 Outlook

called up for Friday's start. this kid has some pretty impressive minors numbers, although doesn't seem to be highly touted (ie. not on top 100 lists). anyone know much about him?

last year between A and AA: 101.1 IP, 2.04 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 108 K

this year AA: 15.1 IP, 1.17 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 16 K

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, May 23, 2013 - No reason given

Looks like a less hyped Dan Straily. If this guy was pitching for the A's people would be going nuts.

Or the Padres (Smith, Burch)

If Smith, Bitch got 8 pages this guy should at least get that many.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, May 23, 2013 - No reason given

Looks like a less hyped Dan Straily. If this guy was pitching for the A's people would be going nuts.

Or the Padres (Smith, Burch)

If Smith, Bitch got 8 pages this guy should at least get that many.

If this is a typo it's the funniest one I've seen here.

called up for Friday's start. this kid has some pretty impressive minors numbers, although doesn't seem to be highly touted (ie. not on top 100 lists). anyone know much about him?

last year between A and AA: 101.1 IP, 2.04 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 108 K

this year AA: 15.1 IP, 1.17 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 16 K

I could have sworn he was on BP's top 100 prospect list (for 2013). Although I left that giant tome back home and don't have access to it now.

One of the worst debuts I've ever seen, and that says a lot because the Orioles are notorious for letting scrub callups baffle them regularly. O's are sort of like the Yankees in that regard, they tend to struggle against guys they haven't seen, and/or they have poor scouting, so his stuff must have just been batting practice tonight.

I was at the game. Looks like he was really nervous, spotty control, O's hit everything hard. It was his first start, if you picked him up and started him really you have nobody to blame but yourself. He wasn't Strasburg or any other top prospect......

Archived