NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5.23.13 -- O's (Gausman) @ Jays (Morrow) Game Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like what I'm seeing out of Gausman. I'd like to see more than just the heat, but it's working so far. Maybe saving more of the secondary stuff for the second and third time through the lineup.

I think that's the plan. I think you'll see more of the change-up this time around.

36 pitches through two innings. It'll be interesting to see how deep they let him go. Showalter doesn't seem like the kind of manager that wants to baby anyone, but they may have a set pitch count for his first start.

Markakis has such a good arm, so few and far between to see that. Bad location on the 2-0 pitch by Gausman on that one.

the location wasn't terrible. it was on the edge of the strike zone, just a good hit i think.

Not saying it was terrible but not where he wanted it, at least I didnt think so.

Wish I was watching this, but so stoked I pulled off a trade for Gausman before this game...

Seriously. In the midst of some trade talks in my leagues and I'll be damned if this heat doesn't have me seriously reconsidering moving Gausman.

36 pitches through two innings. It'll be interesting to see how deep they let him go. Showalter doesn't seem like the kind of manager that wants to baby anyone, but they may have a set pitch count for his first start.

If Im not mistaken...he hasnt gone very deep in any of his AA starts. Id be happy with 5 strong tonight...

Matchups don't mean s--- with this guy. Nasty.

eh... tell that to verlander.

Anyone can have a bad night. You'd still never bench Verlander though. I'm not saying Gausman is Verlander obviously, but the stuff is clearly legit and he throws strikes.

If Im not mistaken...he hasnt gone very deep in any of his AA starts. Id be happy with 5 strong tonight...

Didn't he go 8 innings 2 starts ago?

Edit: He's gone over 7 IP twice.

Didn't strike out Lawrie.....

Dropped.

They were showing clips of Lawrie batting off a tee while wearing beats from dre earlier in the day. He means business. Only groundouts today.

Yeah I saw that. Not only does he suck at hitting, but he's such a douchy, unlikable guy. The only thing he has going for him is that he's Canadian, otherwise he;d be on the waiver wire right now.

Every game it's the same thing with Morrow. 4 or 5 good to great innings and the 1 other inning in which he walks the world and/or gets teed off on.

Yeah someone called that earlier. Looked good through 2 anyway.

Every game it's the same thing with Morrow. 4 or 5 good to great innings and the 1 other inning in which he walks the world and/or gets teed off on.

Yeah someone called that earlier. Looked good through 2 anyway.

and those two stupid innings is what keeps him on my bench instead of on waivers. Such a sucker for "stuff" and "potential".

Archived