JohnR

14 hours ago, lipitorkid said:

Well hopefully they get eliminated quickly so we can see Glasnow in The Show

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/13/2017 at 9:14 PM, AllWrightNow said:

Four walks already in two innings...either he's got mental issues with pitching in MLB or issues controlling the juiced baseball.

Or major league hitters won't chase his balls out of the strike zone like AAA hitters will like some other people mentioned here. 

Glad I traded him away for Godley and Corey .  Though the latter has faded in the second half, Godley is a very good example of someone being sent back down and learning his craft.  I'm glad to own him even if Glasnow turns things around because I've also used his old NA slot to squirrel away Forrest Whitley. 

See the thing is there will always be new "potential" aces so you don't have to hang onto one who is struggling seemingly forever when you can get a really good current pitcher and get someone new for a NA slot who may be the next "big thing" in the wings.  Even if Glasnow turns it around and lives up to his hype I already have had a top notch pitcher instead this year and a prospect just as highly rated for the future. 

So don't get hung up on "I have to keep Glasnow because I got him for some years and it was a cool move and someday he will show them".  He may well show them.  About the same time Whitley comes sailing through showing them as well and Godley continues his God-like ways.  And if either of these two pitcher fail ... well next year and the year after etc there will be other potential stars as well as really good darkhorses.  Like the song says you got to know when to hold 'em but you also have to know when to fold 'em.  It's team first.  Not one prospect first.

I hope the kid makes it big but I really don't need him anymore because I found a better solution for my team's needs.