NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy should be in Triple A. AA is too easy for him.

Finished 4-5, 2 R , 2 RBI, HR

they're goign to put him through the motions, but he could be up to AAA very soon.

at what point do you roster him in a redraft? or in a keeper that keeps 9 but has no NA slot??

Re-draft: never.

Keeper-9: now. (depends on overall roster size and league specs of course. is this taking away bench flexibility? is it keep forever at the same price? etc etc. But it seems if you're keeping 9, then every top 10 prospect should always be rostered)

at what point do you roster him in a redraft? or in a keeper that keeps 9 but has no NA slot??

Not for a while in most leagues. Maybe a couple weeks after he gets to Triple A, but most likely he won't still be up until most likely August. They're going to put him through the motions.

Re-draft: never.

Keeper-9: now. (depends on overall roster size and league specs of course. is this taking away bench flexibility? is it keep forever at the same price? etc etc. But it seems if you're keeping 9, then every top 10 prospect should always be rostered)

to roster him would mean taking up one of 4 bench spots in a daily lineup format....it costs your team 1/25th of its output until he gets called up....

Just traded Goldschmidt for Bryant in a keeper league (Goldy couldn't be kept past this year). Here's hoping it was worth buying high on this kid, and he doesn't tank as fast at TWTR stock.

Any chance he finishes the year as the #1 ranked prospect?

I think he has a shot. He may end up the better player over Buxton once they reach the majors because Target Field is going to take away Buxton's chance at hitting 20+ homers. Bryant's power tool has already developed and he won't have a problem hitting homers upon arrival and he has some decent speed to boot.

Doubt it. Still legitimate concern from scouts that there is a hole in his swing. The BB% increase is nice to see, but he's still striking out 27.5%, which is a problem. This, plus the concern & disagreement over his ability to stick at 3B will probably keep him out of the top 5 for most folks.

I think Betts will finish #1 if Buxton doesn't again. Bryant strikes out too much to be the #1 prospect. But he might be the best power hitter in the minors right now. Probably between him and Gallo.

I think Betts will finish #1 if Buxton doesn't again. Bryant strikes out too much to be the #1 prospect. But he might be the best power hitter in the minors right now. Probably between him and Gallo.

I think you need to include Sano in talks of best MiLB power hitter

Yeah I agree. Top 3 power hitters in the minors are Gallo, Sano, and Bryant. I'd rank them in that order in terms of pure power.

Damn #1? What makes him the best to you?

Damn #1? What makes him the best to you?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=605141

Yeah I agree. Top 3 power hitters in the minors are Gallo, Sano, and Bryant. I'd rank them in that order in terms of pure power.

Only took 1 month to write off Baez, who has more bat speed than any of them.

Archived