NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

They need to go ahead and move him to left field. That is what I would do when he gets moved up to AAA. Similar to Ryan Brauns/Alex Gordon career progression. Just go ahead and do it. Cubs have a weak outfield anyway.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only negative with Bryant, and somebody disagreed with me earlier in this thread, is that he's terrible on defense at 3rd. He has 2 errors today bringing his total to 13.

Still strikes out a lot too, but obviously that's not an issue if he continues to hit like this.

Only negative with Bryant, and somebody disagreed with me earlier in this thread, is that he's terrible on defense at 3rd. He has 2 errors today bringing his total to 13.

Still strikes out a lot too, but obviously that's not an issue if he continues to hit like this.

The strike outs aren't much of an issue as long as his walks are high still. Maybe he has it in him to hit for a good average despite high strikeouts like Goldschmidt. One can hope.

When is the AA all start game? I am assuming they are keeping him there until that. If they don't move him up almost immediately following I would guess they are going to keep him in AA until they call him up to the bigs.

I honestly can't recall the Cubs ever having a better hitting prospect than Bryant.

@DSzymborski: Bryant ZiPS translation: 266/353/515. That's not a *projection* going forward, but he's been legitimately amazing.

So basically ZiPS says he could come up and be Longo right now.

so are we looking at a Paul Goldschmidt type player, minus the steals?

He steals bases though. Has 8 so far. My only questions are what kind of average will his strike outs and walks translate into the majors and where he will ultimate play because his defense at 3rd is terrible. Just look at all those errors.

so are we looking at a Paul Goldschmidt type player, minus the steals?

He steals bases though. Has 8 so far. My only questions are what kind of average will his strike outs and walks translate into the majors and where he will ultimate play because his defense at 3rd is terrible. Just look at all those errors.

I too would worry more about the avg than I would steals.

I think ultimately at worst, he will be a Jay Bruce type with potential to match Giancarlo Stanton or Paul Goldschmidt. I'm thinking more along the lines of Stanton, unless he can manage to hit .300 like Goldschmidt despite all the strike outs. Only time will tell. He hits for a ton of power, should be an easy 30-40 homer yearly bet with double digit steals. But his average is the X factor.

Archived