NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

I give about a 1 in 10,000 chance Bryant is called up this year. Don't get your hopes up.

He will be up this year. Hard to hold back the number 1 prospect in all of baseball. Nobody else is the game is on his tier either.

I'd say joey gallo

Bryant has more pop and will hit for a better average. As i said, nobody is on his tier.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly enough he played 3B in his Triple A debut. A potential good sign for his future fantasy value.

He is going to continue playing 3B. Christian Villanueva was demoted to AA to make room for Bryant so 3B is wide open.

Interestingly enough he played 3B in his Triple A debut. A potential good sign for his future fantasy value.

It's possible he beats Baez to the majors if he keeps hitting, and may take over 3B in Chicago before Baez gets the chance to. It's been widely assumed that Baez will go to 3B and Bryant to the OF, but Bryant may be able to stick at 3B and push Baez to 2B or the OF.

Don't expect to see him opening day 2015 either unless he has signed an extension. The safe money is on June 2015 which is what I've been saying and people keep getting pissed off.

It's possible he beats Baez to the majors if he keeps hitting, and may take over 3B in Chicago before Baez gets the chance to. It's been widely assumed that Baez will go to 3B and Bryant to the OF, but Bryant may be able to stick at 3B and push Baez to 2B or the OF.

Baez will go to 2B as that's what Hoyer has already mentioned, plus they've already moved Alcantara off of 2B and to CF.

Cubs president Theo Epstein said Friday that he's doesn't "foresee" third base prospect Kris Bryant in the majors this season.

Bryant homered in his first game since being promoted to Triple-A Thursday and now sports a ridiculous .353/.455/.706 with 23 bombs and 60 RBI over two levels this season. The Cubs are obviously in no rush to bring him up, so a cup of coffee in September is probably the best we can hope for in 2014.

I give about a 1 in 10,000 chance Bryant is called up this year. Don't get your hopes up.

He will be up this year. Hard to hold back the number 1 prospect in all of baseball. Nobody else is the game is on his tier either.

I would go 1. Taveras 2. Buxton (if healthy) 3. Bryant.

Taveras is six months younger than Bryant and has proven it at AAA already. Until he loses his rookie eligibility, he's probably #1. And Buxton was the consensus #1 entering the season. He's getting close to losing his top-3 position, but probably hasn't lost it yet.

So false..

OT, Buxton, Sano, Correa.. All these guys would be involved in the same "tier" as Bryant. I wouldn't put Gallo there just yet.

Bryant is an outstanding power prospect, but he's kind of RIP for bankable fantasy value for 2014. Whether he comes up or not this year isn't too important. One month is hardly an accurate sample size and he could hit 10 home runs and just as easily 0.

I would def not be stashing him in redraft leagues unless you have more bench spots than you know what to do with.

Bryant is an outstanding power prospect, but he's kind of RIP for bankable fantasy value for 2014. Whether he comes up or not this year isn't too important. One month is hardly an accurate sample size and he could hit 10 home runs and just as easily 0.

I would def not be stashing him in redraft leagues unless you have more bench spots than you know what to do with.

I'm excited for next year and the future though. A 3B who can hit 30-40 bombs is a pretty outstanding fantasy asset.

Ken Caminiti in his prime? Or Vinny Castilla (similar to Caminiti but without the fielding or the 'roids)? I suppose best case scenario we could be looking at the next Mike Schmidt with fewer walks -- but that's a bit much, as Schmitty led the league in HR eight times.

I'd forgotten how amazing Schmidt was. Over a fourteen year stretch, he had an OPS+ under 140 only once.

I heard Troy Glaus which I think was really accurate. I think he'll be in the OF though. Definitely wouldn't expect him at 3B and wouldn't build my team assuming I have my 3B-of-the-future.. if he stays there I would simply consider it an amazing bonus

I heard Troy Glaus which I think was really accurate. I think he'll be in the OF though. Definitely wouldn't expect him at 3B and wouldn't build my team assuming I have my 3B-of-the-future.. if he stays there I would simply consider it an amazing bonus

One interesting comp I read by a scout last evening was Richie Sexson. Tall, lumbering will have issues with the fastball inside getting the bat around.

One interesting comp I read by a scout last evening was Richie Sexson. Tall, lumbering will have issues with the fastball inside getting the bat around.

From everything I've seen of Bryant, I don't like the Sexson comp. Different swings, and Bryant actually runs.

From everything I've seen of Bryant, I don't like the Sexson comp. Different swings, and Bryant actually runs.

I agree. It's an interesting take from one scout I hadn't heard before.

1-12 start with AAA with 7 K's.

So what? He will turn it out pretty shortly here.

He was simply updating what he's done so far at AAA. It was news to me since I haven't looked at his milb page lately. Pretty sure he wasn't implying anything other than posting stats.... Damn Cubs fans

Archived