NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 28, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 28, 2014 - No reason given

Should I stash him in 10 team 4 keeper league? I am from Chicago and bigs Cubs fan so would love to have him on my team for many years haha

Even in a keep-forever league, I have a hard time imagining him among the top-40 players overall. It's not an absurd notion, and if you have the roster spot to burn it could be worth doing. But realistically, if you drop him in the offseason, you should be able to get him back with a mid-round pick next year.

If you're in ANY keep-forever league that allows minor leaguers, Bryant should be on someone's roster in every single league that has that sort of format. Elite power hitting bats are very hard to find coupled with his position, it's a no brainer.

You think he's a top 40 keeper right now?

I misunderstood what you were saying. No - he's not a top 40 now. My bad - misread what was posted.

I play in a much deeper keeper league, where you can keep minor leaguers.

Gotcha. I have much love for Bryant

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only a home run, but it was a grand slam to put the Iowa Cubs up 1 in the 8th inning. Timely piece of hitting from Bryant.

Slugging .800 in AAA

OPS is 1.212

Probably just as important. I don't believe Bryant has committed an error in AAA yet. He is going to have to be perfect if he wants a cup of coffee this year. Thus far he has been pretty darn close. 7 Strikeouts in the first 3 games, but after that his K/BB ratio has been solid (9/6).

Kid is truly a special talent.

Not only a home run, but it was a grand slam to put the Iowa Cubs up 1 in the 8th inning. Timely piece of hitting from Bryant.

Slugging .800 in AAA

OPS is 1.212

That's nothing. Fernando Tatis once hit two grand slams in one inning. Off the same pitcher, no less.

Seriously, I'm wondering if Bryant is going to be closer to Adam Dunn, Troy Glaus, or Mike Stanton. Any of these would be pretty good; only the last of them would be HOF-pace.

Slugging .800 in AAA

OPS is 1.212

That's nothing. Fernando Tatis once hit two grand slams in one inning. Off the same pitcher, no less.

Seriously, I'm wondering if Bryant is going to be closer to Adam Dunn, Troy Glaus, or Mike Stanton. Any of these would be pretty good; only the last of them would be HOF-pace.

I think you'll see a slightly better version of Troy Glaus. If Bryant is that? Sign me up!

I think he is going to be kris bryant. He doesn't really fit any if those molds. He will hit for better average than either glaus or Dunn because he isn't a max effort guy. He won't hit mammoth home runs like Stanton because he isn't built like Hercules.

I think he will settle in for .280 and 35 home runs. Once he reaches his peak.

I think he is going to be kris bryant. He doesn't really fit any if those molds. He will hit for better average than either glaus or Dunn because he isn't a max effort guy. He won't hit mammoth home runs like Stanton because he isn't built like Hercules.

... so a slightly better version of Troy Glaus.

That would not be a slightly better version of Glaus; he was a career .254 hitter.

That would not be a slightly better version of Glaus; he was a career .254 hitter.

Yes. Yes, it would be. He was talking about peak years. I can see Bryant having years when he hits .260-.270. THAT would be a slightly better version of Troy Glaus.

Saying that, I'm making the assumption above that he doesn't eventually learn the strike zone much better. It will be interesting to see if he fixes that one flaw in his game.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, July 1, 2014 - No Reason
Hidden by phatrat, July 1, 2014 - No Reason

Yes. Yes, it would be. He was talking about peak years. I can see Bryant having years when he hits .260-.270. THAT would be a slightly better version of Troy Glaus.

Saying that, I'm making the assumption above that he doesn't eventually learn the strike zone much better. It will be interesting to see if he fixes that one flaw in his game.

Can't lose an argument, can you? Tired of fighting with you, though. Your act has gotten so old.

Can't lose an argument, can you?

I often times freely admit when I'm wrong. But one actually has to be wrong in an argument to state indeed they're wrong. In fact, glance back a few pages - completely wrong on something I posted. My act? Sorry. Perhaps I should continually post everything anti-Cubs all the time even in the face of an organizational philosophy that has worked and factually has been proven vs. some misguided opinion.

I often times freely admit when I'm wrong. But one actually has to be wrong in an argument to state indeed they're wrong. In fact, glance back a few pages - completely wrong on something I posted. My act? Sorry. Perhaps I should continually post everything anti-Cubs all the time even in the face of an organizational philosophy that has worked and factually has been proven vs. some misguided opinion.

The funny thing is that you were called out multiple times in the Schwarber thread about this organizational philosophy bs that you always bring up but you just ignored it.

The funny thing is that you were called out multiple times in the Schwarber thread about this organizational philosophy bs that you always bring up but you just ignored it.

I'm not bringing it up - Jed Hoyer & Theo Epstein have, multiple times, and they've always had that philosophy at their organizational stops.

Where was I wrong? I addressed the one person who brought that up. Called out? By whom? The one guy who just simply can't accept the fact that the FO has numerous times in Boston/San Diego and now here said what their actual philosophy is - and has worked in the past - and isn't happy with it?? That Schwarber has a chance to be up with the big league club by close of 2015? How is that remotely wrong? Bryant has an outside chance, this season, of being up at the close of this year. Just like Schwarber does next season. They'll both be short of the 500 at bats they wish all their prospects to get - as they both have said, how the players play and if they clean up all their "warts" that 500 isn't something that is set in stone.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, July 3, 2014 - No Reason
Hidden by phatrat, July 3, 2014 - No Reason

I am so ******* sick and tired of coming to this thread and seeing Troy ******* Glaus's name.

ENOUGH.

I am so ******* sick and tired of coming to this thread and seeing Troy ******* Glaus's name.

ENOUGH.

Damnit, you beat me to it!

In other words, I totally agree

ENOUGH.

Damnit, you beat me to it!

In other words, I totally agree

Ok. How about Richie Sexson?

ENOUGH.

Whats wrong Glaus?

ENOUGH.

You seem really mad. And that's not even considering this is an internet forum discussing players for fake teams. You need to let anything out? We're all here for you.

Archived