NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odd Man Out - - Good Problem to Have

Spina

What would you do? Fill out my starting OF/UT spots...

OF:

OF:

OF:

UT:

Jose Bautista, Bryce Harper, Nelson Cruz, Yasiel Puig, Domonic Brown

One has to sit - - who is it?

It's a daily moves' league, and with the way Harper has been hitting in his rehab games, there would be no possibly way I sit him - - been waiting for what seems like forever to get him back.

Really hard to say this, but Bautista has been in a bit of a slump lately....

OF: Bryce Harper

OF: Nelson Cruz

OF: Domonic Brown

UT: Yasiel Puig

Isn't brown the obvious sit?

Not in my mind - - Brown has better numbers than ALL of them. A lot better.

Overall, yes Brown has (because of that wtf streak had)... but he's trending down and I believe the regression will continue. Puig and Cruz are beating him in the last 15 days. So that leaves Harper, Bautista, and Brown. I'm just more inclined to go with the stud with the history than a cooling off could-be.

It's a daily moves' league, and with the way Harper has been hitting in his rehab games, there would be no possibly way I sit him - - been waiting for what seems like forever to get him back.

Really hard to say this, but Bautista has been in a bit of a slump lately....

OF: Bryce Harper

OF: Nelson Cruz

OF: Domonic Brown

UT: Yasiel Puig

If it is daily moves why even ask? Change daily per situation.

Use the stats to see how players are trending. I'd keep Harper out on Monday because it is his first day back. See what he does first. Then Tuesday depending if he comes back hot or rusty, look at how the others have performed in the last month, then 2 weeks then in the last week. That is see how they are "trending." A week ago it would be a no-brainer to sit Brown but he is starting to hit some this last week. Also look at their match-ups. You might want to sit a guy the game they are slated to face a Kershaw or a Mad Max.

Overall, yes Brown has (because of that wtf streak had)... but he's trending down and I believe the regression will continue. Puig and Cruz are beating him in the last 15 days. So that leaves Harper, Bautista, and Brown. I'm just more inclined to go with the stud with the history than a cooling off could-be.

At the moment Dom Brown is leading my team in HRs, Runs, RBIs, and Total Bases for the week - - winning 16-6.

The decision isn't as easy as it may seem.

At the moment Dom Brown is leading my team in HRs, Runs, RBIs, and Total Bases for the week - - winning 16-6.

Your call man, then if you're basing it off this week then Cruz. If you want to bench Bautista that's cool too I guess. Big Bat Theory's suggestion is probably the best. It's a daily league.

Is Brown leading it over the last 2 weeks? You do NOT go by the season totals this far into the season.

And the decision is easy. Move the players in and out daily based on match-ups and trends. It isn't "the decision." It's countless ones every day, day in and day out. Sometimes you get it right. Sometimes not. No big deal. It's a long season afterall. It is what ever last one of us does. We all have multi-players per position unless we play in a very short roster league. It is called playing fantasy baseball.

Points league here but I have Brown and he's my highest scoring player this week. He hasn't been hitting a bomb every other day but he has two this week and plenty of hits and RBIs to go along with them. I also own Bautista but if I had to choose between them I would start Brown.

Archived