NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trading Votto in keeper....WHIR!

I'm currently in 1st in roto league, battling for points in HR, runs produced, & SBs.

I own Votto but am very tired of his production. The BA is nice, but to me the name is worth more than the player. Right now he's similar to Allen Craig or Adrian Gonzalez.

So thinking about making an offer. Since I'm weak at OF (Been playing one of Ozuna, Ruf, LCain, or Tabata):

Votto for EEncarnacion & SChoo

This would help me in categories I need. Thoughts?

Leave a link...

That seems like a big enough upgrade. EE will probably come close to equaling Votto's numbers this year. So what you are really getting is the upgrade of Choo > Ozuna, which is a huge upgrade.

The cost to you is downgrading your keeper list from Votto to EE. That's a pretty big downgrade, as I expect EE to gradually regress as age catches up to him. Still, it's worth it for a trade that has a very good chance of putting you over the top.

That seems like a big enough upgrade. EE will probably come close to equaling Votto's numbers this year. So what you are really getting is the upgrade of Choo > Ozuna, which is a huge upgrade.

The cost to you is downgrading your keeper list from Votto to EE. That's a pretty big downgrade, as I expect EE to gradually regress as age catches up to him. Still, it's worth it for a trade that has a very good chance of putting you over the top.

Appreciate the thoughts. Pretty much what I'm thinking. He gets the better keeper, I get the production to put me over the top this year.

Appreciate the thoughts. Pretty much what I'm thinking. He gets the better keeper, I get the production to put me over the top this year.

Pretty much the same thoughts for me. Choo and Encarnacion both will have value in a keeper next year as well if you would choose to keep them. At first I was going to come say not to sell low on Votto but you are getting good quality back, go for the title

help me http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=357125

your already in first and i think this puts ya over the top, ya cant always play for next year and edwin isnt a ad keeper anyways and puts up big power numbers that votto seems to now lack despite his excellent on base skills/ops, do the deal

It's hard for me to think in keeper terms since I've only played redraft, but this is a good deal for you IMO. The upgrade to Choo from one of your lesser OFs more than makes up from what I see as only a slight drop from Votto to EE. Thanks for the help with mine.

Archived