NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trading Votto in keeper league

I'm bouncing back and forth between 1st & 2nd place in my roto league. We start 5 OF, and my 5th OF has been killing me all season (currently Schierholz).

I'm considering offering Votto to a team that's out of contention for Cuddyer & Cespedes. Since Cuddyer & Votto are close this year, my hope is the bump in run production & SBs from Cespedes is enough to boost me into 1st (currently in a battle in HRs, RP, and SBs).

The downside is I lose a top 15 keeper. We can keep up to 7, losing a round for each guy we keep. Currently mine would be:

Bryce, Tulo, Kipnis, CGomez, Beltre, AGonzalez & maybe Bogaerts.

Thoughts? Is losing Votto worth it?

Leave a link, I'm always happy to help.

I'm not sure I like Cespedes THAT much, but it's good value. I do think Cespedes will heat up as well, so it could help you win, but Votto is just that much more proven, and easily one of the most reliable players to have in your starting lineup, definitely not so for Cespedes who loses time due to injury, and then he seems to be more of a 2nd half player anyways. Cuddyer is old and won't be so valuable for long, i'd stick with Votto. One day Votto will have a better lineup around him and the RBIs and all that will change.. I think his season gets better going forward anyways..

Thanks for the help on mine... This deal of yours is close to being worth it, but I guess I'd be greedy and try to get a little more if you are really wanting to do this.

I would do it.it helps you this year.plus I think I'd keep cespedes over agonz.much more upside with cespedes.agonz is on the downswing of his career.

Cuddyer has never performed quite at this level before; I would expect some regression. You should be able to do better for Votto.

Thanks. I'm mostly dealing with the bottom couple teams that would want the upgraded keeper. I offered another guy Votto + for Encarnacion & Choo and he rejected. Not sure i have another team that has similar match.

Thx

Yeh, do it. I line Cespedes long term and this year and honestly, Gonzo is on a downward trend

Thoughts on Bruce/Parnell for Votto?

Different owner. I'm 2nd in saves and Parnell would be my 4th closer (unless Cisnero is) and potentially let me win that category.

like the cuddyer/cespedes trade a ton more than this one.dont like this one at all really.

Archived