NBC Sports Edge Forums

Desean Jackson 2013 Season Outlook

mrfrood

This guy is such a jackass. He had a tantrum awhile back and got a huge contract he probably didn't deserve. Now he actually decided to play ball and actually deserves it, but wants more. Meanwhile AJ Green is still playing on his rookie contract and set to make 3M in 2014.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football is the one sport where I say a guy should get as much money as he can and I have no problem with it. The money is there to be had and obviously football shortens lives and effects quality of lives unlike any other major sport. So on one level I have no problem when players ask for more.....and I would respect it if Desean had given money back when he is horrible and a distraction to the team in the past. He is jackass and doesn't come across as a real good human with the limited info in have heard in him. Philly has all the power so they can completely ignore his requests.

So I talked to a friend who lives in Phili and he says this whole DeSean Jackson asking for a raise thing is the media blowing up a non story. Apparently he was answering a question that he was asked and it wasn't about him asking for a raise.

DJax has no guaranteed money left on his contract(0 dollars) and he was more saying that he would like to get some of it guaranteed coming off his good year. If that's the case then I have no problem with it. I don't have a problem with any football player asking to guarantee some of the money of a contract he is already in.

Here's the kicker....

If the Eagles restructure his deal and give him some more guaranteed money they actually SAVE money against the cap. I see something getting done in the off-season since it benefits both sides and this story becomes a non-issue.

So I talked to a friend who lives in Phili and he says this whole DeSean Jackson asking for a raise thing is the media blowing up a non story. Apparently he was answering a question that he was asked and it wasn't about him asking for a raise.

DJax has no guaranteed money left on his contract(0 dollars) and he was more saying that he would like to get some of it guaranteed coming off his good year. If that's the case then I have no problem with it. I don't have a problem with any football player asking to guarantee some of the money of a contract he is already in.

Here's the kicker....

If the Eagles restructure his deal and give him some more guaranteed money they actually SAVE money against the cap. I see something getting done in the off-season since it benefits both sides and this story becomes a non-issue.

that would be restructuring more then a raise. 0 guaranteed is obvious off so they could tweak it.

but he already makes the 7th highest average salary among NFL WRs so he certainly doesn't deserve even more.

Here's the kicker....

that would be restructuring more then a raise. 0 guaranteed is obvious off so they could tweak it.

but he already makes the 7th highest average salary among NFL WRs so he certainly doesn't deserve even more.

Did he volunteer for a paycut after not playing half of last season (and scoring only 1 TD when he did)? Please. There's a reason he was drafted so low this year in FFL -- he was great for my team this year, but I wouldn't trust him now that he has some prosperity.

Archived