NBC Sports Edge Forums

Desean Jackson 2013 Season Outlook

mrfrood

Low-level WR1 IMO. Not even trolling. I'm drinking the koolaid on this Chip Kelly offense when his main 3 weapons are just like the guys he had in college.

And he's coming at the price of a WR3. I'm loving me some DJax this year.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low-level WR1 IMO. Not even trolling. I'm drinking the koolaid on this Chip Kelly offense when his main 3 weapons are just like the guys he had in college.

Im drinking the koolaid too I think he will have 80 receptions for the first time in his career.

Stayed away from any Eagles WR. Being a Ducks fan i know Chip likes to spread the ball more of any other coaches coaching.

When the other pass catching options are Cooper, Avant, and Celek I think Chip will be designing lots of plays to get the ball in this guys hand. I would expect to see more screens, reverses, and plays that he is the first look on than he has ever had.

as an eagles fan who loves d jax, youre nuts if you tihnk hes gonna be a WR1 hahaha. hell have a good year no doubt but chill on the lofty expectations

You mix in the extra uptick in targets he shoud recieve with this uptempo offense, and Maclin gone with his ability to take any given play to the house and I don't think these people are crazy. This guy has already proven he can produce close to WR1 numbers if not WR1 numbers. 2009 - 1167 yards 9 TDs (15 games), 2010 1056 yards 6 TDs (14 games).

I worry more about him staying on the field for 16 games than anything.

Yeah - he has the pedigree, he's proven he can do it. I know he's had some down years, but I don't see how it would be considered insane for DeSean of all people to break out this year in this offense.

I realize his ADP isn't that of a WR1, but I think that's his upside this year. I'm all in for my leagues on him. Not counting on him as my WR1, but I think he can have that production.

Excited about DJAX as my WR3. Vick loves to throw to him downfield.

Kelly's run first mentality should take away some of the coverage and open those big play opportunities up for him. I've got him as a flex play on the weeks I think I'll need his homerun threat.

I know DeSean is a great value this year but I wouldn't recommend drafting 3 WRs by the 7th - 8th round.

Excited about DJAX as my WR3. Vick loves to throw to him downfield.

You have to realize how many leagues are turning into auctions (finally). For whatever reason, he is a guy that seems to slip in auction drafts. Most WR2-WR3 types are usually guys you can get for cheap in auction leagues.

And why would you not take your 3rd WR by the 8th round? By the 8th round you should definitely have 3 WR's locked up, especially if you are starting 3 and no flex. 4 RB's, 3 WR's and a TE or QB is a perfectly fine start to your draft.

I've been going back and forth about trading this guy for RB depth...but I can't bring myself to do it. The upside is incredibly high this year. Who is going to take targets/touches from this guy? It's a 50/50 shot he has a career year. No Maclin, wide-open offense, Vick should be more mature in the pocket...

Here's what he is:

1) A guy who doesn't go over the middle

2) A guy who can't run a slant, an out, an in, or anything under 10 yards effectively.

3) A homerun threat, which teams have negated with an over-the-top safety

4) A guy who won't score many touchdowns

5) A guy who averages 3.9 catches a game

6) A guy who relies on a "primary" receiver underneath to create space for him up top

He's someone you avoid. I know on paper, being the only competent receiver on the Eagles, he looks good - but he just isn't a guy you can rely on as even a WR2.

Here's what he is:

2) A guy who can't run a slant, an out, an in, or anything under 10 yards effectively.

6) A guy who relies on a "primary" receiver underneath to create space for him up top

He's someone you avoid. I know on paper, being the only competent receiver on the Eagles, he looks good - but he just isn't a guy you can rely on as even a WR2.

I agree with you totally but have put some stock in

1. him being the only option

2. reports that he's "catching everything"

3. reports that he has a new attitude/new lease on his game in the new regime.

If these factors are leading him in the direction of running more routes and being a team player . . . then the value is there. He's been DND for me for years but not this time. I believe there's enough value there not to reach, mind you, but to take him where he falls.

If these factors are leading him in the direction of running more routes and being a team player . . . then the value is there. He's been DND for me for years but not this time. I believe there's enough value there not to reach, mind you, but to take him where he falls.

I agree, great point. I can't knock this mentality. But if he does fall that late he's likely not someone you're counting as as a WR2. He's falling pretty late in drafts.

Here's what he is:

4. Chip Kelly loves speed. He has had guys like De'Anthony Thomas, Josh Huff, and Kenjon Barner that lined up at receiver and running back. If Chip can find the right way to use him, his upside is through the roof.

Here's what he is:

4. Chip Kelly loves speed. He has had guys like De'Anthony Thomas, Josh Huff, and Kenjon Barner that lined up at receiver and running back. If Chip can find the right way to use him, his upside is through the roof.

So maybe he's not the WR1/WR2 type...but WR3? High upside FLEX play? Absolutely.

Here's what he is:

So maybe he's not the WR1/WR2 type...but WR3? High upside FLEX play? Absolutely.

No, I wouldn't want to depend on him as my WR1 or WR2, but I love the homerun threat flex play in those weeks that you think you'll need it.

Here's what he is:

No, I wouldn't want to depend on him as my WR1 or WR2, but I love the homerun threat flex play in those weeks that you think you'll need it.

Do you think he's a week in, week out kind of guy at the Flex?

Here's what he is:

Do you think he's a week in, week out kind of guy at the Flex?

Yeah, I would have no problem with him as my every week flex. I've just personally got other options in Montee Ball and Chris Ivory at my disposal. (I usually prefer to use a RB in my flex slot.)

Archived