NBC Sports Edge Forums

Desean Jackson 2013 Season Outlook

mrfrood

Here's what he is:

1) A guy who doesn't go over the middle

2) A guy who can't run a slant, an out, an in, or anything under 10 yards effectively.

3) A homerun threat, which teams have negated with an over-the-top safety

4) A guy who won't score many touchdowns

5) A guy who averages 3.9 catches a game

6) A guy who relies on a "primary" receiver underneath to create space for him up top

He's someone you avoid. I know on paper, being the only competent receiver on the Eagles, he looks good - but he just isn't a guy you can rely on as even a WR2.

Number 1 and 2 are COMPLETELY FALSE. "A guy who doesnt go over the middle"..... I call that ESPN watered down analysis right there. Just because he didnt go over the middle under Reid doesnt mean he wont go over the middle for Chip. If youve read anything about DJax this off season, than you should have seen Chip say that Djax will run shorter routes, and will also play out of the slot sometimes. Do some homework and stop watching ESPN please.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Proud owner here! That might be it for his week 1 points though. Such an awesome flex play for my team!

Same here. Whether right or wrong, I bought into Chip Kelly's offense and have Vick, DJax, and McCoy on my team. If only Spiller and Ridley didn't sh*t the bed for me, I'd be winning this week.

Desean Jackson stinks as a fantasy player. Last night he did what he does all too often....starts hot, disappears. dude didnt record a catch in the second half.

People are still calling him a legit wr2? More like a boom or bust wr3. hes just too inconsistent. if you start him every week, hes going to burn you with his inconsistency. if you get cute and start playing matchups with him, hes going to burn you by going off when hes on your bench. This guy is everything you DONT want in a player on your team. no way is he a wr2.

Desean Jackson stinks as a fantasy player. Last night he did what he does all too often....starts hot, disappears. dude didnt record a catch in the second half.

People are still calling him a legit wr2? More like a boom or bust wr3. hes just too inconsistent. if you start him every week, hes going to burn you with his inconsistency. if you get cute and start playing matchups with him, hes going to burn you by going off when hes on your bench. This guy is everything you DONT want in a player on your team. no way is he a wr2.

I'm sorry, i don't agree with this at all..The talent is there, the system is now there, and the situation is now there (Maclin down)..As long as Vick stays healthy, DJax is going to explode all year..What he did last night against Hall was proof this guy can burn..

Another owner here.... grabbed him towards the end of my fantasy auction for $9, nobody else seemed interested, and it looks like it could pay big dividends (especially with garbage mike wallace on my roster). Was hoping he'd be a bench guy to sub in at flex but another week or two of that and he'll be my wr2. Even if vick goes down Foles will get DJax the ball. I'm an Oregon fan and have watched Chip for years, he'll find a way to get the ball to his most explosive guy. Loving the upside here.

huh? He had over a hundred yards IN ONE HALF, and then the entire Eagles offense tried to run out the clock in the second half because they had built a huge lead. If the Skins had actually kept pace with Philly in the first half, he would have had 150+ yards receiving EASILY. He is the focus (along with McCoy) of one of the high-powered offenses in the entire league. Yes he is inconsistent but to me that makes him a WR2 instead of a WR1...

... they were up big and tried to run the clock.. are you mental?

The reason he didnt do anything all second half was because philly took the air out of the ball. Vick only had 5 passing attempts all second half, and 2 of them were intended for DJax. He is the go to guy in the passing game, he is going to be a big part of the gameplan.

This guy is such a prick. I can't stand him. That said I think he has a big year.

What makes him a prick? Just because he likes to showboat? Or is it something else

the way he carries himself. His alligator arms. You name it.

Archived