NBC Sports Edge Forums

Desean Jackson 2013 Season Outlook

mrfrood

Question: Why is he just a WR2 for most of you and not a WR1?

Because even though he looked great, I don't think he will be consistent enough to be a top 12 fantasy wr.

I think not. With McCoy being great, his production will only get better. But if Vick gets injured then yeah I would

agree with you.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because even though he looked great, I don't think he will be consistent enough to be a top 12 fantasy wr.

I think not. With McCoy being great, his production will only get better. But if Vick gets injured then yeah I would

agree with you.

What about Jackson himself getting hurt? He hasn't been the definition of consistent over the last few years. That is why he is a not a top 12 WR.

EDIT: And this was only one game. We can't overreact when one of our players has a terrible week 1 performance but we also can't overreact when someone has a great year. He had a great game, and he should be considered a wr 2 but one great game does not make him a wr 1.

agree with you.

What about Jackson himself getting hurt? He hasn't been the definition of consistent over the last few years. That is why he is a not a top 12 WR.

EDIT: And this was only one game. We can't overreact when one of our players has a terrible week 1 performance but we also can't overreact when someone has a great year. He had a great game, and he should be considered a wr 2 but one great game does not make him a wr 1.

Injuries can never be predicted, of course. Any of the top 12 in your book (without injury history) can get injured for that matter.

From the preseason reports (or hype) he is in the best shape of his career. He is also in his contract year. So time to be positive and expect big things imo.

agree with you.

Injuries can never be predicted, of course. Any of the top 12 in your book (without injury history) can get injured for that matter.

From the preseason reports (or hype) he is in the best shape of his career. He is also in his contract year. So time to be positive and expect big things imo.

I am positive and I own him this year, but we can't just forget everything because of one good game. I need to see more consistency from him to call him a wr1. He has had 16 point fantasy games in his career before as well, and is known for being streaky just ready any previous years thread. Consistency is what has always stopped him from being in that WR1 group, and he is not a top 12 wr in my book, not yet anyway.

agree with you.

I am positive and I own him this year, but we can't just forget everything because of one good game. I need to see more consistency from him to call him a wr1. He has had 16 point fantasy games in his career before as well, and is known for being streaky just ready any previous years thread. Consistency is what has always stopped him from being in that WR1 group, and he is not a top 12 wr in my book, not yet anyway.

You do realize Chip Kelly is the coach now and is making a point to get him more involved right? But yeah, let's wait and see. I am hopeful he will end up in the top 10 by the end of the season. (I am also in a PPR so my mileage may vary.)

agree with you.

You do realize Chip Kelly is the coach now and is making a point to get him more involved right? But yeah, let's wait and see. I am hopeful he will end up in the top 10 by the end of the season. (I am also in a PPR so my mileage may vary.)

I love his upside, and having Kelly call the plays really helps, but to me its just to early to say he is a WR1. I'm not saying he cant finish there, but as of right now I just don't think he is after one game. In comparison,

It will all be about consistency for Jackson. If he can do it for another few weeks, then I can be on board. Coaches have now seen Chips NFL offense for the first time (preseason was different) They will now gameplan to try to adjust.

Agree, drafted him as a flex and if he plays like this he makes a nice wr2, but would take mroe consistency for wr1 status. Also just as klove says, we need to see how the defenses will react now that they've seen what the eagles will look to do.

Fingers crossed tho, if he plays like this every week, he could really help me out this season!

Not a lot of talk on Jackson, but he could very well finish the season as a top 5 WR, barring injury. He's explosive as hell, Vick constantly targets him, both on deep balls and a lot of WR screens, and the Eagles are one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. Everyone that got him in the 5th round or later is reaping the benefits hard.

Amazed this thread wasn't bumped at all until just now - - especially considering the day he had yesterday and of course all the doubters/haters he has.

Now that he is the #1 Overall WR after 2 Weeks can we now all consider him a strong WR1?? No doubt in my mind.

Amazed this thread wasn't bumped at all until just now - - especially considering the day he had yesterday and of course all the doubters/haters he has.

Now that he is the #1 Overall WR after 2 Weeks can we now all consider him a strong WR1?? No doubt in my mind.

Hold your horses AJ Green still gotta play tonight :D But yeah ive been raving about Jackson since august first year of his career hes gonna catch 80+ balls.

I'm loving this late pick up in my draft! Got him fro $9 (out of $200) !!! Nobody seemed to want him. Him and Wallace went bananas yesterday, now I just need AJ Green to do the same tonight (csb) !!!

DeSean Jackson, keep doin it man, keep doin it...

Looks like WR2+ / WR1.

Just think about what his final stats would of looked like if his 50+ yard TD wasn't called back cause of penalty and if he didn't step out of bounds on his deep bomb catch along the right sidelines?? He would of been in the 300's in receiving and 3 td's??

Coming from a Vick owner who started him over Luck I like what I see and can only hope Both D-Jackson and Vick stay healthy because this guy is burning CB's!!

If Vick or McCoy goes down though...there could be trouble. I knew he was gonna have a big year, much because I had him last year during his struggles/injuries, and I seem to do that to a player, lol.

Anyway everyone knows all 3 guys will have a huge year...barring that big "IF" which is injury. He's a #1 no question.

imagine if maclin didnt go down. Kelly and co would be scary good

I honestly think Maclin going down has helped DJax. Hard to say since we didn't get to see a game with them together, but DJax has been in his shadow the last few years.

Had this guy on my bench the last couple weeks, won't be there anymore.

I think he will be solid going forward, but I expect him to get shut down more. No way he is left open all the time. He has been left wandering open the first two games for whatever reason, and I expect teams to start shutting him down. The team doesn't have other WR threats that are half as dangerous.

He has talent and can get open, but the guy has been allowed to run wide open down the field and always seems to be in single coverage when he is covered.

He isn't dominant enough to make his own space consistently and he still doesn't go over the middle.

Also the Chargers have the worst pass D in the NFL after 2 games, and I'm sure the Redskins are pretty terrible too.

Archived