NBC Sports Edge Forums

Desean Jackson 2013 Season Outlook

mrfrood

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I had really high hopes when I drafted him his rookie season and actually had him as a keeper but didn't hold on after a couple underwhelming seasons and getting Julio his rookie season.

Thursday night games are awful fantasy wise.

Good point.

Well to be fair the reason why Thursday's have been low scoring is b/c teams are coming off a short week. No short week to start week one.

Pretty sure Doug Martin posted a 30 burger on me on a Thursday around week 9 last year. Not sure your theory has any merit to it.

Thursday night games are awful fantasy wise.

Good point.

Well to be fair the reason why Thursday's have been low scoring is b/c teams are coming off a short week. No short week to start week one.

Pretty sure Doug Martin posted a 30 burger on me on a Thursday around week 9 last year. Not sure your theory has any merit to it.

Well if Doug Martin had one good Thursday game then I guess the whole theory is bust!

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, September 18, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, September 18, 2013 - No reason given

Sell ridiculously stupidly high?

I was thinking about trying to get AJ Green for him, after last nights game. It would be really hard to sell here, I believe in this offense. I'm not sure it would be that much worse with Foles under center.

I was thinking about trying to get AJ Green for him, after last nights game. It would be really hard to sell here, I believe in this offense. I'm not sure it would be that much worse with Foles under center.

A. I love DeSean but we're nowhere close yet to being able to talk able dealing him for AJG.

B. I believe the production would significantly decrease with Foles. Vick and D. Jax have always had excellent chemistry together.

Predicting a down week for this guy. He's never been a consistent player and Thursday night games are awful fantasy wise.

lol let me guess, you play him this week?

No. I own him, which is why I brought it up. And the Bronco's game is meaningless because it was week one. After a season of watching Thursday night games it seems offenses are a little more sloppy and less effective. I was wondering about other poster's thoughts on it.

After a season of watching Thursday night games it seems offenses are a little more sloppy and less effective. I was wondering about other poster's thoughts on it.

I don't think that it's something you can look at in a bubble. So many unique circumstances come into play each week.

I do know that the best game I ever saw Andre Brown play was on a Thursday night FWIW.

A. I love DeSean but we're nowhere close yet to being able to talk able dealing him for AJG.

No doubt, I don't think his value is there. But I offer stuff like that just in case an owner is having second thoughts about a player after a bad game. Might even throw in a rb3 if they have MJD or some other underpeformer. Will they take it? Probably not. Have I had owners take stuff like that? Almost every year there is one...

Well to be fair the reason why Thursday's have been low scoring is b/c teams are coming off a short week.

So are only the offenses coming off a short week? Wouldn't tired defenses behoove fantasy numbers?

Thats a logical train of thought, but for some reason the defenses have an advantage on Thursday. I can't say for sure what it is, but it is a trend. You can either go with the trend, or go against in. Trends generally should be followed.

Well to be fair the reason why Thursday's have been low scoring is b/c teams are coming off a short week.

So are only the offenses coming off a short week? Wouldn't tired defenses behoove fantasy numbers?

Thats a logical train of thought, but for some reason the defenses have an advantage on Thursday. I can't say for sure what it is, but it is a trend. You can either go with the trend, or go against in. Trends generally should be followed.

You should also be wary of trends that are just statistical outliers.

My thoughts: even if offenses are generally worse on Thursday night games, I think this Eagles offense is given the advantage of the short week with the Chiefs given less time to gameplan.

Granted, I'm sure Reid has been gearing up for this game since he saw Chip's offense roll out against DC in week one, but only having Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday to practice for the Eagles is a disadvantage for KC, in my opinion.

You should also be wary of trends that are just statistical outliers.

My thoughts: even if offenses are generally worse on Thursday night games, I think this Eagles offense is given the advantage of the short week with the Chiefs given less time to gameplan.

Granted, I'm sure Reid has been gearing up for this game since he saw Chip's offense roll out against DC in week one, but only having Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday to practice for the Eagles is a disadvantage for KC, in my opinion.

I would be starting DeSean if I had him just to be clear. I think Eagles offense will do fine in this game, and will probably be an outlier on the Thursday night trend. I wouldn't say disadvantage Chiefs D b/c its Thursday either. Reid will be prepared and maybe Eagles preform a bit below expectations, but none are sit-able.

Archived