NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Don Shula on Undefeated Pats

Wizard of Boz

First off let me start this by saying, yes the Patriots made an idiotic move and it was totally dumb. No need at all for a use of a camera especially with the talent and coaching the Patriots have. They dont need any help whatsoever, and it was insane of Bill B to even think of that for terms of any reason of helping his team. But in all reality, Im glad they were caught and im glad it was in the first game of the season in the first quarter. Which the Pats blew the Jets out and will do so in their next game they face them. So any specualtion of this years team accomplishments and talents have nothing to do with spygate since it was caught just at the right time and not in game 5 or so where the Pats achievements would be tarnished for what they have accomplished so far.

Now Don Shula is saying if the Pats go undefeated there should be an asterick. Come on, is this guy serious? The camera was taken in game 1 early in the first quarter of a game that the Pats were manhandling the Jets anyways. How could that tarnish the entire season? Maybe because his Dolphins team was the last team to go undefeated. Get a life Don, because what happened in that first quarter of that first game has nothing to do with what the Patriots have done so far. And its completely ridiculous to hear this coming out of your mouth. Dont take something away from a team that worked so hard to gain their accomplishments to only have it trashed by jealous people. Dont get me wrong, I would agree 100 % if the camera scandal happened in the middle of the season but it didnt. And the only thing that is tarnished is his hair !!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097057

First off let me start this by saying, yes the Patriots made an idiotic move and it was totally dumb. No need at all for a use of a camera especially with the talent and coaching the Patriots have. They dont need any help whatsoever, and it was insane of Bill B to even think of that for terms of any reason of helping his team. But in all reality, Im glad they were caught and im glad it was in the first game of the season in the first quarter. Which the Pats blew the Jets out and will do so in their next game they face them. So any specualtion of this years team accomplishments and talents have nothing to do with spygate since it was caught just at the right time and not in game 5 or so where the Pats achievements would be tarnished for what they have accomplished so far.

Now Don Shula is saying if the Pats go undefeated there should be an asterick. Come on, is this guy serious? The camera was taken in game 1 early in the first quarter of a game that the Pats were manhandling the Jets anyways. How could that tarnish the entire season? Maybe because his Dolphins team was the last team to go undefeated. Get a life Don, because what happened in that first quarter of that first game has nothing to do with what the Patriots have done so far. And its completely ridiculous to hear this coming out of your mouth. Dont take something away from a team that worked so hard to gain their accomplishments to only have it trashed by jealous people. Dont get me wrong, I would agree 100 % if the camera scandal happened in the middle of the season but it didnt. And the only thing that is tarnished is his hair !!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097057

If you're basing this "article" you've written here on what you read in that link, you're the one who needs to get a life. Shula's comments seem impartial, he merely mentioned that people may associate spygate, and the draft pick taken from the Patriots for it, when referring to the 07 Pats.

he brings up the fact the patriots loss a 1st round pick...and if the NFL is punishing to that extent...there is obviously some serious stuff caught on those tapes that were confiscated...

im not sayin the pats are using any of that to destroy teams like they have been but its obviously something that was far beyond the rules...

how can u think shula is lame when he brings up a good point...just cuz its ur team hes bringing it upon...should barry bonds all time hr record go into the hall or record books without an astriek...thank goodness he wasnt playing for boston or all hell would break loose on these message boards...

If you're basing this "article" you've written here on what you read in that link, you're the one who needs to get a life. Shula's comments seem impartial, he merely mentioned that people may associate spygate, and the draft pick taken from the Patriots for it, when referring to the 07 Pats.

First of all Mr mouth. I posted this in reguards to my opinion on this article. And any reply to me about my post is fine. Thats what these message boards are all about. But its guys like you that ruin these boards for everybody. Telling me, I need a life. Is that needed? You know what Ive been a part of this board for awhile now and Ive learned to just shut up instead of bashing anyone in any of my replies to stir up an argument. Yes Ive had my problems in the beginning with people but learned it gets you know where. So feel free to make your replies but dont be telling me to get a life. Did that hurt you that I said Shula needs a life? If you disagree with my posts thats cool, base your reply like the other guy who disagreed but dont tell me to get a life Mouth.

Archived