NBC Sports EDGE Forums

The Alex Smith Sucks Thread

Go  Texans Go

Serioulsy he mite be the worst QB EVER!!! (Besides David Carr B) )

SF seriously needs to take Gore, Allen, and Heitmann (plus some defensive guys) and start over from scratch. VD even seems lost and can't block worth a damn. His value wouldn't be as much as it is now if Smith wasn't so bad and had to rely on him so much. Not to mention the WRs they have aren't worth a damn. Ashley Lelie is probably their biggest playmaker and he doesn't even play.

Alex Smith has no future as a NFL QB. Hopefully for SF, they don't wait as long as HOU did to figure it out.

SF seriously needs to take Gore, Allen, and Heitmann (plus some defensive guys) and start over from scratch. VD even seems lost and can't block worth a damn. His value wouldn't be as much as it is now if Smith wasn't so bad and had to rely on him so much. Not to mention the WRs they have aren't worth a damn. Ashley Lelie is probably their biggest playmaker and he doesn't even play.

Alex Smith has no future as a NFL QB. Hopefully for SF, they don't wait as long as HOU did to figure it out.

I HATED Carr since his 4th year. He just STUNK! Everyone in HOU thought it was the O-Line. But it was not. He had a play maker in AJ. The O-line did a fine job blocking, but David obviously likes getting hit so he rolls out and acts like no one is open then he goes and asks the Def. to take a lick at him. I HATE HIM!!!

Ashley Lelie? lol, that guy is a joke.

Maybe if you just tell him to run up the field in a straight line he can do that...but that is about it. You can't run fly patterns every play, he doesn't play for a reason...just like how he was let go from Denver for a reason.

No D in the NFL fears what the Niners can do in the passing game. They have zero playmakers at the WR position and a QB that even if a guy was open by 10 yards he'd overthrow them 50% of the time. It is 8 in the box and go get em' boys every down. It is sickening to watch.

<--- still a Niner fan though lol

Alex Smith is still really really young though right?? so there is still hope.

lol jk...he blows, end of story.

Ashley Lelie? lol, that guy is a joke.

Maybe if you just tell him to run up the field in a straight line he can do that...but that is about it. You can't run fly patterns every play, he doesn't play for a reason...just like how he was let go from Denver for a reason.

I agree 100%. I still think he's the biggest playmaking WR they have. Either way, it's just sad.

I agree 100%. I still think he's [Lelie] the biggest playmaking WR they have. Either way, it's just sad.

Yeah it is. A converted college QB [battle] is their best/most consistent WR plus anytime a team within your division is willing to sell you their "#1 wr"...you should be wary of why [D.Jackson].

you're right mediocre it is not... Alex Smith's performance is disgustingly putrid and a disgrace to the sighted community of this great nation, as well as the sight impared if they are listening to the game.

Yeah it is. A converted college QB [battle] is their best/most consistent WR plus anytime a team within your division is willing to sell you their "#1 wr"...you should be wary of why [D.Jackson].

you're right mediocre it is not... Alex Smith's performance is disgustingly putrid and a disgrace to the sighted community of this great nation, as well as the sight impared if they are listening to the game.

That's some funny stuff.

Alex Smith has got to be the worst QB I have seen in awhile. He should have went undrafted. How did he ever pass through the cracks?

SF has weapons but if the HC would just learn how to use them correctly. Oh yeah and of course if they had a better QB. Tony Romo in that SF offense would beat Seattle tonight, hands down.

I don't put too much blame on Smith except that he is the second worst QB in the NFL right now, but not in the future. I know dude will put up numbers, but that O line broke and lost protection from the outsides tonight and pretty much the whole season. Add that to 3 different O coordinators in 3 years, and the myriad of both head coaches and assistants and I'd be confuzzled too. At least Gore did alright.

Gore is the only playmaker they have on offense. Smith is a bust, Vernon Davis is overrated (thanks a lot for your one catch for 4 yds btw, glad I took you over more proven guys), and their WRs stink.

Now that Im done venting.......

I agree that Smith is what is wrong with that offense. He made a lot of bad throws in tonight game and its a miracle he wasnt picked off at all cause he threw about 4 or 5 balls that a defender got a hand on, and I only saw the second half of that game. I think he has the physical tools to be a decent QB just because he does have a good arm, but hes shown nothing this season to suggest that hes gonna eventually become a good QB.

Too bad for SF that Leinart decided to not come out that year and play another year of college football. Here comes another 3 to 4 years of rebuilding.

It is sad by the time they rebuild around Gore and attempt to develop Smith into a decent QB what little good they have going for them now will more than likely be beaten up and out of their prime. By the time SF gets a team built around Gore, Gore will be so beat up that he could turn into another Shaun Alexander.

Larry Allen has been dissapointing and is like 35, he is done after this year, Heitman is also horrible, and Jonas is gonna be gone in the offseason. The only decent players on the team are Joe Staley, Gore, P Willie, Clements, and maybe Lawson. Very sad maybe they can make a deal for DA which I doubt or even Carr or Harrington as sadly they would be huge upgrades, hell I'd even take limp noodle Pennington about now.

Their WR corps is also bottom 3 (JAX and MIN are right there) but Smith's throws are not even close right now there might be a possibility that his shoulder still injured but as a niner fan this is horrible and depressing as all progress seems to have gone down the crapper and we wont even get the corresponding draft pick (trade w/ Patriots for Staley)

Archived