NBC Sports Edge Forums

Burnett for Sanchez/Teahen

thebestpr21

I told ya I ain't trading a batting champ + a good player in Teahen or Hamilton for an injury prone SP like Burnett that will not let me sleep at night with his injury woes. B)

Yes, its a batting champ that his best atribute in fantasy is that he can play multiple positions. He will give me AVG, Hits and some runs, but he doesn't hit HR and doesn't steal bases either. You say that Burnett is a Injury Prone SP, but when he is healthy, as he is now, he is a very good pitcher. We already post the trade Burnett for Sanchez here in rotoworld and every single person said that Burnett was too much for Sanchez.

Stick with Teahen. I have Hamilton in my NL-Only Keeper league but it's so early and the guy hasn't played professionally in years. He'll go through some growing pains and he can't hit a good curve ball or slider. Everything he's hit has been a fastball that's been badly located. Trust me pitchers will adjust to Hamilton and Teahen will turn it around soon. He's the safer bet. I hope I'm wrong but I'd put my money on Teahen rather than Hamilton. As Rotoworld said earlier, AROD was on pace for 115 HRs and 300 RBIs and I believe with tonight's performance he actually increased those estimates. It's still early and you could field a team of all-stars that are batting under .200 right now. Proven guys will come through. Everyone goes through hot streaks, just not at the same time. Some start the season that way others do it during the year. As good as they are hitting right now they will surely go through as bad a slump. I preach patience in baseball. Unlike football it's a marathon not a sprint. Falling behind the first couple of weeks or first month is nothing to fret about.

Archived