NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lillard/Monroe for Hibbert/Beal ? WHIR

Lillard and Monroe but barely.

Hibbert started slow a year ago but came on strong. I like Beal this year but not quite enough to turn down Lillard-Monroe combo.

Keep in mind Monroe's production will be much the same as last year if not worse (likely worse, especially rebounds) with Smith and Jennings hogging the rock.

Based on pure value alone, I would say Lillard and Monroe as of right now (although Beal has enough upside to potentially offset that).

However, each pair have different contributions:

Lillard/Monroe: 3's, Assits, Rebs, some Stls (If you need a PG, this is definitely the way to go).

Hibbert/Beal: 3's, Blks, Rebs, some Stls (If you need BLKs, this is the way to go).

It always depends on the type of league so you should state this when asking for values...

However in most formats Lillard/Monroe easily as it stands now.

Monroe is of similar value to Hibbert (but in different cats so depends on your team really). Probably I would prefer Hibbert but that's just personal opinion.

However, Lillard is at least a couple of rounds ahead of Beal as it stands.

It may well be that Lillard loses plenty of minutes from last year as they actually have depth now in bench (Mo Will, eventually McCollum) and Beal stays health and actually errupts so it may turn out very close.

The thing is that you should be able to get them for less as Beal may have upside but Lillard is considered a valuable commodity by your oponents...

Depends on what you need. If you really need blocks, then go for the Hibbert/Beal. Can't go wrong either way IMO. Depends what you really need. Lillard though, I believe, will have a monster year in his sophomore year.

hibbert and beal for me. Lillard is overhyped. he shoots low 40% fg, gets a ton of Turnovers, and barely registers a steal. Monroe is likely a bust this year with that pistons front court. Hibbert still has room to grow but he wont be playing against center-less teams all year like he did in the playoffs. Beal has incredible upside, the kid is phenomenal.

Archived