NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tough 16 team league, how am I looking so far? WHIR 110%

K50K

Hey guys, I am a long time follower of rotoworld, and have been a die-hard NBA fan my whole life. Naturally, I feel like I am an above average fantasy basketball owner, but I am always open to suggestions/help from people dedicated like yall. ANYWAYS- I am in a very competitive 16 team league on ESPN. It is H2H 9-categories, and is not a keeper league. We just completed our draft and I feel pretty good about it, but would love to hear what you guys think. I will help in return 100%. Keep in mind, I love having a streamer spot, which Lance Stephenson currently occupies for opening night. (Hoping Granger doesn't play)

PG- Lillard

SG- Bledsoe

SF- Caron Butler

PF- Millsap

C- Al Jefferson

F- Pau Gasol

G- Jose Calderon

Util- Ray Felton

Util- Amir Johnson

Util- Kyle Korver

Bench- Luke Ridnour, John Henson, and Lance Stephenson (Streamer)

You are stacked for a 16 teamer. Love Jefferson as I think he will have a monster year for the Bobcats and Milsap will for the Hawks. If I wanted to nit pick I'd say you could use a bench big that can block shots like say a Robin Lopez who could be probably be had on the cheap. Without seeing other teams in your league, it looks like you are the favorite for the title.

What's funny is that I had my fingers crossed for Robin Lopez to fall to me and he got picked right before I was going to take him so I went with Henson instead. Thanks for the input and let me know if I can help.

this team is pretty insane for a 16 team league. I don't like your 1st overall pick though (al jefferson). Its not secret that the bobcats have no legit 3 point shooters which means opponents can just pack the paint to make life extremely difficult for al jefferson. If i were you, i'd try to trade him for someone else. The opportunity is there for jefferson, just not the personnel.

I was/still am kind of iffy on Al. I had the 13th out of 16 pick, so I was put in a tough spot. I was either going to go John Wall or him, and went with Al at the last second.

I think your team is pretty great, but you may want to look for a SF to replace Butler though i believe you'll be fine anyways

I am keeping a close eye on Demarre Carroll for another SF. I am putting a lot of hope in Butler can give me SOMETHING, whether it's 10-12ppg and 1 or 2 threes with maybe a steal and a few boards. I think Carroll could be a nice grab, I just want to see him do it in a real game before I make a move.

Archived