deathrazor

Kawhi

Millsap

Lopez, Bosh

Conley

Favors, Hibbert

Lawson, Bledsoe, Walker, Gasol

Young, Vucevic

If you are punting assists, your FG%, REBs, Defensive Stats and TOs have to be close to elite. Kawhi, IMO, is a 1st - 2nd rounder according to that strat and Conley is probably the most valuable PG for that setting. I like Bosh and Lopez for that strategy because you will no doubt have an excess of REBs from you SF/PF/C heavy positions and their low rebounding will not affect you as much, while having fantastic percentages, defensive stats, and low TOs. The tricky part is to maintain a high FT% with so many bigs, unless you have someone who can contribute strongly in that category.

I pondered about this strat alot because it seems like a logical step if you get a big man in 1st round (other them Marc Gasol).

Don't take PG with your 3rd round pick!! It doesn't make any sense. In most of my mock drafts I went with Crawford+Chalmers as my 2 PG rotation and I doubt I lose anything with it.

My rankings when going this strat look smth like this:

1st rnd: Love > Jefferson=Aldridge=Davis > Ibaka

2nd rnd: Carmelo > Nowitzki > Leonard

3rd rnd: Gay > Bosh > Millsap > Lopez

4th rnd: Cousins > Ilyasova > Hibbert > Klay

When going this build you dont need to worry about big men stats (RBD, BLK, FG%, TO) but should focus on PTS, 3PTM, STL and FT%.

That's why I rank Carmelo over Nowitzki, and Gay over Bosh/Millsap/Lopez.

Cousins is also a good value pick since his TO and FG% wont hurt you.

Shouldn't I solidify my rebs FG% low TO in the early rounds with the best bigs available? in this case, either Vucevic(top5 in rebs) or Millsap over Kawhi?

Also wouldn't Gay be counterproductive since he has bad FG% low 3pts and high TOs?

not sure why u want to punt assists with 4 PG's, plus Pau Gasol.

I just see Gasol as a solid Big even without the AST now that Howard isn't in LA anymore. Good scoring big, very solid FG/FT coupled with double digit rebs and 1.5 blks. Might be a good anchor for %s and rebs.

The 4PGs are there since i read in another post that getting an elite PG early might be a good idea so you can have one to start in case of full game nights. :)

Now im torn between Kawhi and Millsap.

Both of them seems to be on the verge of a breakout. Millsap has shown he can produce 1st rd value and last yr was a down yr with him playing only 30mpg.

Kawhi on the other hand has steadily been improving and the spurs doesnt have a backup SF as per RW blurb so i believ he's in for 32-36mpg.

What do you guys think?

I've never done one of these strategies, but to me it seems like you'd want to plan out whatever punt strategies you're interested in doing (punt ast, dwight/smooth/drummond punt ft%, whatever) and only use them if your first round pick fits the strategy. If you get the 6th pick in the draft and CP3 falls to you, why would you pass that up?

i think kawhi would help you more, better FG, FT and less turnovers than millsap. you're decent on blocks and rebs and steals

in terms of a trade, i think you can get a bit more value in addition to kawhi if you were to offer millsap, assuming they don't foil your plans of punting xD

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=389278

Shouldn't I solidify my rebs FG% low TO in the early rounds with the best bigs available? in this case, either Vucevic(top5 in rebs) or Millsap over Kawhi?

Well both yes and no. When going this strat in 9-cat I target to have 2PG, 5 SG/SF, 6 PF/C. When you have 6 PF/C you really dont have to worry about rebounds/blocks because you will have advantage in it no matter who you pick. Same with TO. FG% is kinda tricky depending on who you take with your first 2 picks.

Also wouldn't Gay be counterproductive since he has bad FG% low 3pts and high TOs?

TO wont ever be a problem, ever. FG% will only be problematic if you took Love in first round. And his PTS, 3PM and STL (with good FT%) will give you more of those stats that will be hard to find.

Your third round pick depends on your first 2 picks. If you took 2 of standard big men Jefferson/Aldridge/Davis/Ibaka/Horford then go for SG/SF where Leonard>Gay>anybody else availble. If you took Love or Carmelo+big man then you could avoid Gay, but even then he is still top3 pick in that range in my book for this strat.

Keep in mind that your 4th round pick will most likely be another PF/C since those picks are scarce in SG/SF (30-50 range) and are packed with PF/C and PGs, and you dont need PGs.

I pondered about this strat alot because it seems like a logical step if you get a big man in 1st round (other them Marc Gasol).

Don't take PG with your 3rd round pick!! It doesn't make any sense. In most of my mock drafts I went with Crawford+Chalmers as my 2 PG rotation and I doubt I lose anything with it.

My rankings when going this strat look smth like this:

1st rnd: Love > Jefferson=Aldridge=Davis > Ibaka

2nd rnd: Carmelo > Nowitzki > Leonard

3rd rnd: Gay > Bosh > Millsap > Lopez

4th rnd: Cousins > Ilyasova > Hibbert > Klay

When going this build you dont need to worry about big men stats (RBD, BLK, FG%, TO) but should focus on PTS, 3PTM, STL and FT%.

That's why I rank Carmelo over Nowitzki, and Gay over Bosh/Millsap/Lopez.

Cousins is also a good value pick since his TO and FG% wont hurt you.

By this logic why wouldn't you take a 3rd/4th round PG? You say to focus on PTS, 3PTM, STL, FT% which a 3rd/4th round PG can do MUCH better than Crawford (I like taking Chalmers). Someone like Monta who is PG and SG eligible would be a solid pick here.

I guess Brandon Knight + Chalmers is a good combination for late round PGs. I don't like Jamal because it looks like he will get less than 25 MPG behind Redick

Are you saying that millsap has more overall trade value than kawhi?

i think kawhi would help you more, better FG, FT and less turnovers than millsap. you're decent on blocks and rebs and steals

in terms of a trade, i think you can get a bit more value in addition to kawhi if you were to offer millsap, assuming they don't foil your plans of punting xD

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=389278

By this logic why wouldn't you take a 3rd/4th round PG? You say to focus on PTS, 3PTM, STL, FT% which a 3rd/4th round PG can do MUCH better than Crawford (I like taking Chalmers). Someone like Monta who is PG and SG eligible would be a solid pick here.

I agree there. If there was any PG i'd even consider drafting before round 7-8 that would be Monta (and Hill if he fell).

I dont care much about TOs in this strat because in every projection I made im still better in it then 90% of other teams. So I dont mind taking TO toxic players (unless you really go overboard with Gay, Cousins, Ellis etc.)

As for FG% it depends but i dont think he will be worse then Crawford.

But I like his situation and upside, and above all I like his fantasy playoff perspective. I think that both Nelson and Afflalo will get traded/rested during fantasy playoffs and he will return top 50 value in those weeks. Because of that and stellar performances in summer league and preseason im willing to reach.

If I had to choose between Hill in 6th and Oladipo in late 8th-9th I would gamble and take Oladipo. At worse I can lose some production during max games days. Low risk-high reward.

Archived