NBC Sports Edge Forums

The Bruski 150

LuSamSiam

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody have a clue on what his record is accuracy-wise with his rankings? I'm a little worried bc my team is ranked pretty high on his list lol

hahaha, well he has some good sleepers on there, so you could still have a pretty good team. the problem is that he crazily overrates sleepers and discounts the tried-and-true too much.

I'm not sure if I can post this link here as it's from another site. I've never used this site nor bothered validating their results.

http://subscribers.rotoevil.com/comparing-rotoevils-rankings-projections-to-rotoworld-and-basketball-monster

But according to the comparison of 2012-2013 projections made of the following sources.

RotoEvil (evl), Rotoworld’s top 100 from their draft guide (roto), Aaron Bruski of Rotoworld (bruski), Basketball Monster’s projected stats from last preseason (mns), Matt Buser of BBM (buser), the average of the expert’s valuation of the players’ values (exp2), average draft position (ADP), full season values from 2011-2012 (f12), second half values from the previous year (haf2), and full season values from 2010-2011 (f11).

Bruski had the second highest correlation to end of season values for 2012-2013. Take it for whatever that is worth. I do find that he gives pretty decent analysis and enjoy reading his columns. But make your own lists folks!

This has to be the worst fantasy ranking list I've ever seen.

http://sports.yahoo....00550--nba.html

It's up there. Stopped taking it serious when I saw Ibaka at 6 and then Love at 9.

why? i actually dont consider those to be that crazy. he has ibaka ranked high because he's basing them on cumulative value, not just per game value. im super high on ibaka this year, not that high, but i wouldnt be surprised if he finished top 10 cumulatively even in 8 cat. love at 9 doesnt seem bad at all either.

Bruski had the second highest correlation to end of season values for 2012-2013. Take it for whatever that is worth. I do find that he gives pretty decent analysis and enjoy reading his columns. But make your own lists folks!

I'm not familiar with his analysis and didn't see his rankings for 2012-2013. Maybe he lost his mind somewhere between last season and this season??

He explains some of those outlier rankings at least. I enjoyed looking at the list and find it more useful/interesting than McKitish rankings on ESPN, that guy is as generic and cookie cutter as they come. I like that Bruski included Anthony Davis in the top 10, however Kawhi Leonard being ranked in the top 10 was way out there. At least AD has shown in the preseason he's been spectacular. Leonard doesn't have the usage rate in that Spurs offense to even be able to sniff a top 20 finish imo.

I don't think his list is that crazy, and usually guys he rates ridiculously high, you can still get like 2 rounds later than Bruski rated them and STILL have them be great value.

A lot of the surprise ranks are actually substantiated by the fact that those players nearly got that rank last year in 9cat BBM.

This is actually one of the better top150 lists i've seen IMO.

Yes, this is a fearless list. It's also the same list I've taken into big money leagues for years, so if you decide to live and die with this list we'll be living and dying together all year. For your piece of mind the same research, mathematical and otherwise, took me to the unofficial NFBCK title during the lockout year, and last year I placed No. 6 overall at the National Fantasy Basketball Championship in what I thought was a down year.

He's definitely using this list for the upcoming season, we'll see how he does

Some of the outliers were a little ridiculous but overall I liked the list. Obviously I would adjust based on head to head and 9 cat (Bruski states the list is for 8cat roto) and also doesn't account for overall team strategies.

He explains some of those outlier rankings at least. I enjoyed looking at the list and find it more useful/interesting than McKitish rankings on ESPN, that guy is as generic and cookie cutter as they come. I like that Bruski included Anthony Davis in the top 10, however Kawhi Leonard being ranked in the top 10 was way out there. At least AD has shown in the preseason he's been spectacular. Leonard doesn't have the usage rate in that Spurs offense to even be able to sniff a top 20 finish imo.

@Kawhi: Bruski may or may not look like a genius when this season is in the books. Word is Pop is going to run more plays for Kawhi so it's gonna be interesting how this plays out. Kawhi has returned 2nd rd value per BBM. I think I saw him 12th at some point.

btw, there is an NFCB?

Some of the outliers were a little ridiculous but overall I liked the list. Obviously I would adjust based on head to head and 9 cat (Bruski states the list is for 8cat roto) and also doesn't account for overall team strategies.

9 cat ranks are coming later today, apparently.

This has to be the worst fantasy ranking list I've ever seen.

http://sports.yahoo....00550--nba.html

It's up there. Stopped taking it serious when I saw Ibaka at 6 and then Love at 9.

why? i actually dont consider those to be that crazy. he has ibaka ranked high because he's basing them on cumulative value, not just per game value. im super high on ibaka this year, not that high, but i wouldnt be surprised if he finished top 10 cumulatively even in 8 cat. love at 9 doesnt seem bad at all either.

Yeah I see your point but I think you lose value if you take Ibaka at 6. I would rather risk that he'll be their at 19. I'm high on Ibaka too and only play 9 cat but I think if someone drafted off these ranks they would be losing value on their picks.

@Kawhi: Bruski may or may not look like a genius when this season is in the books. Word is Pop is going to run more plays for Kawhi so it's gonna be interesting how this plays out. Kawhi has returned 2nd rd value per BBM. I think I saw him 12th at some point.

btw, there is an NFCB?

But his ranking is for 8 cat. Leonard finished 46th in 8 cat last year.

btw, there is an NFCB?

But his ranking is for 8 cat. Leonard finished 46th in 8 cat last year.

It's definitely a crapshoot with Kawhi being ranked that high. Maybe he sees him committing more TO's as his usage goes up while maintaining his ultra-efficiency. Who knows... I'll give him crap at the end of the year if it doesn't pan out the way he predicted.

Archived