NBC Sports Edge Forums

The Bruski 150

LuSamSiam

I got bored at work today and decided to ask RW what happened to Aaron Bruski as he hasn't written an article here in over a month. Here is their response:

ABbye_zpszpbx02wj.png

It looks like Kyle O'Quinn walked him to ledge last year and Meyers Leonard this year pushed him off the cliff. It's kinda sad as he was by far the greatest source of (unintentional) comedy on RW. No more pre-season Bruski 150's to make fun of, so that sucks. And I have to retire the troll Bruski forum account, too. :(

From RW's perspective, I guess their own credibility was worth more than the comedy he brought here to the forums.

Goodbye, Bruski. It's been fun, but RW finally dropped you to the WW. Enjoy your KOQ.

Huh interesting.

BTW - has anyone poorly photoshopped Bruski's head into Myers Leonard yet?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All he does is make swing picks and then thinks he's a genius when he gets them right and never addresses it when he gets them wrong.

Dude is so full of himself he probably trolls these forums and reads every single post and then he just makes passive "joke" posts about Kyle O'quinn and Meyers Leonard as if he wasn't being serious about his predictions...we all know that wouldn't be the tune if he was right.

The sole reason that he makes these bold claims is that he wants to be the one guy that "knew" ..instead of posting a proper rankings for the sake of accuracy.

He's like one of those guys with "sources" that constantly posts wrong trade rumors and then every once in a while one happens to be right and people think he's credible.

I got bored at work today and decided to ask RW what happened to Aaron Bruski as he hasn't written an article here in over a month. Here is their response:

ABbye_zpszpbx02wj.png

It looks like Kyle O'Quinn walked him to ledge last year and Meyers Leonard this year pushed him off the cliff. It's kinda sad as he was by far the greatest source of (unintentional) comedy on RW. No more pre-season Bruski 150's to make fun of, so that sucks. And I have to retire the troll Bruski forum account, too. :(

From RW's perspective, I guess their own credibility was worth more than the comedy he brought here to the forums.

Goodbye, Bruski. It's been fun, but RW finally dropped you to the WW. Enjoy your KOQ.

Kaboom, roasted. :lol:

In fairness to bruski kqq skill set is fantasy gold....but it didnt just materialize....in real life i can shoot 3s rebound stl blk and score in bunches...fantasy wise im gold but icant do it in nba level so as kqq...

Yeah, I agree. O'Quinn actually had some really nice games early last season and was well worth rostering for a little while. The LaMarcus Aldridge stuff was the biggest indictment of his credibility, in my opinion. He just stuck with it year after year and was proved utterly wrong over and over again, yet he always had some excuse.

I'm glad he's gone, but mostly because he's just a bit of a crap writer who seems to have un unjustifiably high opinion of himself. A pitiable character, really.

ABbye_zpszpbx02wj.png

Awww Kaboom, who are you gonna photoshop now?

Never liked Bruski and he was pretty awful with some of his predictions (his Bruski 150 this year was particularly egregious), noting his KoQ and Meyers Leonard addictions. Still, he went out fairly ignominiously and quietly for such a popular (or at least constant) writer on the site. I mean, his Bruski 150 was somewhat useful for a base gauge of players, and at least he did try; I don't question his effort or his research but if you're a meteorologist who perennially predicts the wrong weather, no matter your research, you're getting fired.

Anyway, later Bruski. Someday when/if KoQ rises to stardom, we'll all raise a glass for you.

Sorry to double post.

Just looking at the final update for the Bruski 150, 9 cat, for funsies.

Ibaka at 8

Klay at 11

Danny Green at 16

Noel at 20

Meyers at 34

Dragic at 41

Mirotic at 48

Markieff at 85

THEN:

Lowry at 32

Drummond at 45

KAT at 49

Batum at 53

Blake at 61

Favors at 71

Knight at 73

(I think I saw Porzingis in the 'honorable mention' pile, after Mike Muscala.)

I had to stop due to my sides hurting from laughing. I really wish more guys in my fantasy leagues used the Bruski 150. But I'll definitely miss getting a good kick out of reading it.

• 9 months later...
On 12/11/2015 at 3:55 PM, Kaboom said:

ABbye_zpszpbx02wj.png

I went around looking for the Bruski 150 this season and forgot all about this :(

At least on the page for the newest Bruski 150 purchase he has some gold: 

While other sites talk a big game and conveniently forget to blurb their busts (Aaron Gordon last year anyone?), we’re all about being real with you guys so you can trust us.  Remember Meyers Leonard last year?  We’ll never forget. Patrick Beverley two years before that?  Brutal. 

https://www.hoop-ball.com/product/the-bruski-150/

Can't believe he neglects to mention the GOAT K. O'Quinn. 

Also, whoa at pricing the guide at $10,000 for Bruski 150 early access + licensing. If even one whale buys it that's some good money. 

3 hours ago, Kaboom said:

The sole purpose of the Bruski 150 was to provide comedy to the forum once per year. That's it. Now he's selling it for $10,000?? LMAO :o :blink: :lol:

LOL he just fulfilled his sole purpose and you don't even realize it! Bruski is so good now that he gives you a good laugh without even having to read his rankings!

1 minute ago, Kaboom said:

Apparently only the $500 version is available right now:

B150_zps4cd3evgw.png

If we can't get our hands on that $10,000 bad boy, forget it. We may as well all just retire from fbb.

LOL I think they are all the same, but just different prices because getting it earlier means you can know about the next Kyle O'Quinn/Meyers Leonard before everybody else. 

You should buy it now for $500 so you can dominate!

Hey, why not? I mean, you have to think, if thousands of people play FBB, it only takes a few dozen to have a pretty big payday. I mean, we're talking a write-up of fantasy basketball rankings/projections. It's not rocket science. If one can make a few grand off a few dopes, why not?

Almost 60mln ppl in USA are playing fantasy games with more than half are playing long season games. Basketball has 20% of share so its around 5 mln players. Thats official data from FSTA, but from our research appears that it's less than 4 mln.

On September 20, 2016 at 7:50 PM, sobi said:

Almost 60mln ppl in USA are playing fantasy games with more than half are playing long season games. Basketball has 20% of share so its around 5 mln players. Thats official data from FSTA, but from our research appears that it's less than 4 mln.

Even better, no? I mean, a few dozen out of 5 million is not hard to achieve. Let's say, 120 people buy his ridiculous rankings (that is a fraction of 1% - .0024% actually), that is $60,000 (at $500 a pop). People buy the dumbest stuff, so you better believe someone is paying up to see those rankings.

Archived