NBC Sports Edge Forums

The Bruski 150

LuSamSiam

I know we're not supposed to bash rotoworld writers here in the main forum but I'm sorry this has to be said. He HAS to get called out for making such a wreckless list. I feel bad for any newbies that actually used it as a draft guide, and I'm sure the more experienced players rolled their eyes like I did when I saw it.

He had LMA and Big Al ranked in something like the 50s!

And then when Big Al was injured begining of the year he was jumping up and down saying "I told you so" when Al didn't even have a chance to prove himself yet on the new team.

WELL LOOK NOW. Both are killing it and putting up first round value.

Every article he mentions his little list as it is the be all and end all of fantasy lists. I think most of us just consider it a joke.

Rotoworld, please scrap this ridiculous "bruski 150" to feed this man's ego. I mean his articles are decent but this list is trash. Especially when he makes ridiculous predictions like where he ranked those 2 just to garner attention.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we're not supposed to bash rotoworld writers here in the main forum but I'm sorry this has to be said. He HAS to get called out for making such a wreckless list. I feel bad for any newbies that actually used it as a draft guide, and I'm sure the more experienced players rolled their eyes like I did when I saw it.

He had LMA and Big Al ranked in something like the 50s!

And then when Big Al was injured begining of the year he was jumping up and down saying "I told you so" when Al didn't even have a chance to prove himself yet on the new team.

WELL LOOK NOW. Both are killing it and putting up first round value.

Every article he mentions his little list as it is the be all and end all of fantasy lists. I think most of us just consider it a joke.

Rotoworld, please scrap this ridiculous "bruski 150" to feed this man's ego. I mean his articles are decent but this list is trash. Especially when he makes ridiculous predictions like where he ranked those 2 just to garner attention.

Look here, I'm not trying to defend the bruski 150, but it's just his predictions. Let the man live a little, not everything goes according to plan, we have injuries, sleepers, and busts. No one can predict any of this unless you are omnipotent. That being said, he made a few accurate predictions and many more eggerigous ones. No one can blame the man for trying. However, if you believed that people like kawhi leonard was a top 10 pick then you deserved to go down in flames with bruski. I mean somebody has to take the blame for losing your fantasy team eh?

Look here, I'm not trying to defend the bruski 150, but it's just his predictions. Let the man live a little, not everything goes according to plan, we have injuries, sleepers, and busts. No one can predict any of this unless you are omnipotent. That being said, he made a few accurate predictions and many more eggerigous ones. No one can blame the man for trying. However, if you believed that people like kawhi leonard was a top 10 pick then you deserved to go down in flames with bruski. I mean somebody has to take the blame for losing your fantasy team eh?

Not sure if you read my post, but clearly I said I did not follow the list so my fantasy teams are doing just fine. I'm fine with writers picking sleepers but this guy is supposed to be a professional and he has 2 perenniel top 1st/2nd round guys in LMA/Big Al ranked in the 50s, that's irresponsible considering that he makes his list seem as if it's the holy grail of fantasy lists so I'm sure alot of noobies "went down in flames" with him.

Not sure if you read my post, but clearly I said I did not follow the list so my fantasy teams are doing just fine. I'm fine with writers picking sleepers but this guy is supposed to be a professional and he has 2 perenniel top 1st/2nd round guys in LMA/Big Al ranked in the 50s, that's irresponsible considering that he makes his list seem as if it's the holy grail of fantasy lists so I'm sure alot of noobies "went down in flames" with him.

When i said "your fantasy team", I didn't mean your team per se, just whoever followed his ridiculous list verbatum thinking that if they followed a fantasy basketball "expert" it would lead them to the next championship.

He clearly stated in the beginning that it is his list and that some of them are definitely bold predictions. If the only list people are going off of is his, they should probably reevaulate their strategy going into draft day. There were plenty vanilla lists that came out that anyone could turn to in addition to his and see that some of his rankings were absurd.

Not to defend his list, but even with his injuries, Big Al got off to a slow start. He's heating up now but I think even come time at the end of the season, you will see he has probably returned third round value due to his injuries and games that he sits.

I'm personally just glad I did not listen to all the "expert" hype on Kawhai.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bruski-150-151300550--nba.html

Wow just saw this list again. Definitely the worst list I've ever seen. Definitely not bland, but I don't see how anyone can defend this list. Any one of us could have made a "bold" list like this, and it would be perectly fine because our list isn't bland.

Please scrap this atrocious list rotoworld in the future, there really is no point to it.

No harm in a bloke putting up a list of his own evaluation. All of us as fantasy coaches should be looking at a wide variety of reports, but also even do a little bit of sleuthing ourselves, such as checking out who was traded where, who has missed out, who is doing well in summer leagues, coaching changes to sides, players who are in contract years and who just got a contract (Looking at you Sanders!).

No fantasy coach should blindly follow any list, a lot of the fun of fantasy sport is picking the bloke who will break out, and avoiding the one you have a gut feel may not be such a wise move. I went high on Kawhi and Hayward this season, with mixed results, but i held the faith with JV and Amir, and they are paying off. It's a game, with numerous variables, and the wide variations in expected and actual performances make it fascinating. Nobody should get their nose out of joint if an 'expert' may get something wrong.

Are you guys still banging on him for having AlJeff way down the list?? He is #46 in 9 cat and I'm thrilled I listened to it. Just look at the guys he bumped up markedly and while there are certainly a few misses there are a lot of great sleepers he was spot on about.

Are you guys still banging on him for having AlJeff way down the list?? He is #46 in 9 cat and I'm thrilled I listened to it. Just look at the guys he bumped up markedly and while there are certainly a few misses there are a lot of great sleepers he was spot on about.

Lol...did you also take his advice and draft Kawhi first round?

• 1 month later...

He may have been way off about a few things, but I remember at the time he had one of the highest rankings of Davis and Ibaka. They're 2nd and 12th per game in 9 cat according to BBM.

And Leonard is still ranked 35th per game this year. The only player in the top 36 with under 30 MPG. At a certain point he's going to take over and be the main guy in San Antonio. When he does, he's going to be a top 20 player, possibly higher.

After perusing the top of that list I noticed that he definitely nailed a couple of sleepers on that.

For example, most rankings had Millsap exponentially lower than the #18 where Bruski had him. He's currently #17 on the season and his ADP was in the 40s and 50s. Of course at #19, though, he goes with Jeff Teague. Smh.

Bottom line, as several people have mentioned, this list is defined by the tragically low rankings of LMA and Jefferson. That Leonard ranking really sticks out as well.

• 11 months later...

Came here looking for the KoQ thread to comment on his recent refusal to eat crow even now but this thread will do.

Isn't this guy just the most arrogant writer in fantasy basketball? I have no problem with a writer getting pre-season predictions wrong (not just KoQ), but to continue to ride them to the death and put these illogical spins on current situations to support what argument he has left...just pathetic.

HUMBLE UP BRUSKI.

Came here looking for the KoQ thread to comment on his recent refusal to eat crow even now but this thread will do.

Isn't this guy just the most arrogant writer in fantasy basketball? I have no problem with a writer getting pre-season predictions wrong (not just KoQ), but to continue to ride them to the death and put these illogical spins on current situations to support what argument he has left...just pathetic.

HUMBLE UP BRUSKI.

Excellent post, sir. It's not Bumski's ridiculous pre-season predictions that are annoying, it's his hubris/arrogance/planet-sized ego.

Oh look, his latest KOQ-spin:

"I’m going to side with the 51-game sample size over the seven game slump here and hold him across the board. Now who’s coming with me?"

He's clown shoes.

Archived