NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zach Miller 2013 Season Outlook

golden eagles

• 1 month later...

Picked him up last minute and played him with Julius Thomas being declared inactive.

Watched him a lot at Arizona State, and he was a beast there.

Thoguht he'd have a more productive receiving career than he's had to date, but after his big play in last years playoffs for the Seahawks, it seems like they're looking at him more as a receiving option.

He had 16.5 points in my 0.5 ppr league last night, and I think he could continue to get looks moving foward.

Picked him up last minute and played him with Julius Thomas being declared inactive.

Watched him a lot at Arizona State, and he was a beast there.

Thoguht he'd have a more productive receiving career than he's had to date, but after his big play in last years playoffs for the Seahawks, it seems like they're looking at him more as a receiving option.

He had 16.5 points in my 0.5 ppr league last night, and I think he could continue to get looks moving foward.

He did lead SEA receivers yesterday, but Wilson is going to continue to spread it around, so he'll be hard to rely on. Plus, Miller has a tough matchup @SF this week, a team that has only allowed 4 TDs to opposing TEs this year and no more than 60 yds. I don't see him as a top 15 play for Week 14 - especially if Reed & Thomas are back.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the TE that wins the championship for people?

Probably the best TE matchup this week.

Yes very true but ZMiller hasn't really done much this season to warrant a start in the FF championship. If there was one Seahawks pass catcher I would start this week, it would be Doug Baldwin.

Lesser known stat on Baldwin: #17 in FF pts per game since week 9 among all WR's. Talk about under the radar.

Few weeks ago Jordan Reed was declared out for the Sunday Night game just a short time before kickoff. Only a few tight ends were left and I snatched up Zach Miller and started him thinking I needed a miracle to keep my playoff hopes alive. Well Zach Miller delivered that miracle scoring 17 points in my league and leading me to a surprising come from behind victory.

Well Jordan Reed was just sent to IR, and my other tight end Jordan Cameron is likely concussed (and hasn't been scoring too well lately). And while scouring the waiver wire for a replacement who do I see but Zach Miller, going up against the Arizona Cardinals who give up the most points to TE. Last time he played the Cardinals he pulled off a 5/40/1 line. I'm betting he has another big game on Sunday.

If I didn't grab Delanie Walker off the waiver wire, I would be picking up Zach Miller. He is gonna have a good game. With the sparse WR situation at the moment on the Seahawks he has value, and I also picked him up that week Jordan Reed was a last minute scratch and he went for like 90 and a TD.

Archived