NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

GottaGetTheWin

Tony Gonzalez was spotted hobbling around the Falcons' locker room with an injured toe on his left foot following Sunday's loss to Seattle.

Asked if he'll be okay going forward, Gonzalez replied "We'll see." Gonzo indicated he'll head for some tests on the toe. The Falcons' bye isn't until Week 12. "I played on it," he said. "Wasn’t able to go full speed, but we’ll see how it goes the next day. Usually when you have injuries, you can get through it through the game. Then the next day after it calms down and swells up a little bit, then that’s when the trouble starts. So, we’ll see how goes. Tomorrow, I’m going to wake up, and hopefully it’s not that bad."

Week 6 bye.

HAHAHAAHAHAHA Hands down this has to be the worst one.

are the blurb-writers so strapped for time that they can't simply look down at the schedule. "well, I'm not exactly sure on when the Falcons bye is, better just guess and if I'm wrong I will have made a crucial mistake that everyone reading this will either rely on and be mad when I'm wrong or mock me. If I took the time to look it up, 2 seconds will be wasted"

I really wish there was a way to write comments to the blurb posters. Even if it was just something to say "stop being a f****** moron and fact check that Tony G already had a bye."

It takes no time at all to check things like that and to me its inexcusable. Typo's happen every so often, no big deal but saying Tony G has a Week 12 Bye. Saying "Calvin is ready to matchup against Joe Haden" THE WEEK AFTER HE PLAYED THE BROWNS is just sloppy lazy work IMO.

How about making decisions based on your own research and intuition instead of relying on someone else...then blaming someone else when you lose...a someone else whom you can't even identify. Its easy to insult someone providing a free service to you; someone doing a job that most of you would probably love to do...which is likely where a lot of the animosity is coming from.

How about making decisions based on your own research and intuition instead of relying on someone else...then blaming someone else when you lose...a someone else whom you can't even identify. Its easy to insult someone providing a free service to you; someone doing a job that most of you would probably love to do...which is likely where a lot of the animosity is coming from.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with them making endless mistakes that are factual. It doesn't take any owner decision for them to get a bye week right or proofread their work.

Cowboys MLB Sean Lee exited Sunday night's Week 10 game against the Saints with a strained left hamstring, and will not return.

Lee limped off the field in the second quarter and was immediately ruled out for the game. It's a huge loss for the Cowboys, as Lee has been their best defensive player this season. Dallas is also playing with starting DT Jason Hatcher, leaving them extremely thin up the middle. A combination of Kyle Bosworth and Ernie Sims will replace Lee in the starting lineup.

Perfect example. "Dallas is also playing with starting DT...leaving them extremely thin..." They obliviously mean playing withOUT. Now the typo itself is fine, we all make them, but you can't take 2 seconds and proofread your work before posting. You are uploading to a worldwide website, it's not the forums where we are just throwing out whatever from the top of our head. Even if it was posted by mistake that post was put up 45 minutes ago and counting. Not one person there has re-read and noticed the mistake? Lazy and sloppy.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with them making endless mistakes that are factual. It doesn't take any owner decision for them to get a bye week right or proofread their work.

That's fair. But a lot of these comments on here are just overkill.

Ok I see your point.

Beat writer Mike Triplett expects Mark Ingram to remain the Colts third option in the running game going forward.

Source: ESPN.com

Nov 11 - 11:59 AM

Adrian Peterson was held out of Thursday's practice for rest purposes.

Peterson isn't injured. He's locked in as Rotoworld's No. 1 running back for Week 11.

Maybe less egregious than others, but I would think you should at least have a better understand of your own content. Unless there is some other RW rankings that I don't know of..

Rank Player Name Opponent Notes 1 LeSean McCoy vs. WAS - 2 Jamaal Charles at DEN Probable (knee) 3 Adrian Peterson at SEA -

http://www.rotoworld...1-rankings?pg=2

• Like 1

Trent Richardson rushed eight times for 22 yards in Indianapolis' Week 11 win over the Titans, adding five catches for 31 yards.

The good news is — and we're stretching the meaning of the word "good" here — is that Richardson's 53 yards from scrimmage matched his second most as a Colt. The bad news is, he once again got out-gained by Donald Brown (94-83), and got out-touched by Brown 8-2 in the fourth quarter. The Colts are admitting the obvious — that Brown is running circles around his more ballyhooed backfield mate right now — with their play-calling, while T-Rich is giving them little reason to change up the script. Even on T-Rich's longest play of the night — a 14-yard catch in the first quarter — his deficiencies were on display. Catching a screen, Richardson chopped his steps in the open field instead of fully accelerating, sacrificing yardage in search of a bigger play that wasn't to be. It's still far too early in Richardson's career to declare him a lost cause, but his 2013 is certainly shaping up as a lost season. He can't be started over Brown in Week 14 against Arizona's stout run defense.

Related: Donald Brown PRETTY SURE THEY PLAY ARIZONA WEEK 12 NOT 14...

Edited by pencup003

I think you guys are being a little harsh. Remember, the majority of the info on this site is FREE. Yes, FREE. Most of these guys doing Fantasy for a living are doing it out of a passion for the sport. They're not making a ton of money doing this. Cut them some slack and make your own decisions when it comes to your fantasy teams. Too often these guys are used as scapegoats.

It's not that... It's the Matter of Fact, Holier than thou attitude in so many of them. Things stated as fact, that when you first come here, you can be swayed by.

Go back and read some of the blurbs on players from when they went from unknown to fantasy starter. They are ridiculed with negative, no chance type of comments and then all of a sudden they are "locked and loaded RB1".

And people can say it's free all they want. Which is good for us. Just remember, it's all of our 'clicks' on their website that generate advertising dollars that pay their checks.

Yes, the Rotoworld blurbs are ridiculous. Take this one for example:

DeMarco Murray (knee) is listed as probable for Week 9 against Minnesota.

Murray will remain an injury risk going forward -- he's been injured every year of his playing career going back to his days at Oklahoma -- but he's worth firing up as an RB2 against the Vikings. Minnesota is poor in run defense.

The first paragraph has value, the second paragraph has no value whatsoever. It's as if whoever is writing these things is trying to justify a paycheck. Everyone who is serious at all about this game knows Murray's injury history, and most people are in bye week hell and have to start Murray if he's available this week. It's almost gotten to the point where I try to force myself to just not see the blue parts of the blurbs and just read the paragraphs in black.

That one is stretching it. I don't see anything wrong with him mentioning his Injury History. Not everyone that plays Fantasy Sports is "serious" about it, Casual people do play it.

Yeah, I notice this a lot too....but really, it's nearly everywhere, including high-profile sites like ESPN. For instance, I was reading a college basketball article the other day by Andy Katz (a SENIOR writer at ESPN) after the MSU/UK and Duke/KU games. There was at least one glaring error in 3 of the first 4 paragraphs:

1) "Julius Randle nearly single-handedly lifted No. 2 Michigan State past No. 1 Kentucky." -- UK (the team he actually plays for) nearly beat MSU actually

2) "Frank Mason showed he has the ability to go in the lane, draw contact and covert at the free throw line." -- convert, not covert

3) "Randle, Parker and Wiggins lived up to their hype and were every bit worth the trip for all those representative of all those NBA teams in attendance." -- should be representatives with an 's', and this one still hasn't been corrected

My point is...if experienced writers at ESPN are making these types of mistakes, is it any wonder that the RW blurb guys aren't perfect? Bottom line...you're getting paid to do this, no matter how big or how small...do your damn job and proofread before publishing.

Edited by Yceman1234

this pertains to a website other than RW, but f*** it...

thehuddle.com has New Orleans Def as the #1 defensive team projection this week at a whopping 15 points, with 3 sacks 2 fumbles 1 INT 1 TD. Would someone please explain that to me?

And you don't even want to know the amount of typos there are in every article- Yceman1234 if you're pissed off about one word in a sentence missing an 's' you would s*** yourself reading these articles.

Lastly, I'd like to mention this is a site you have to PAY for. YIKES!

"Bobby Rainey exploded for 163 yards and two touchdowns on 30 carries and caught two passes for four yards and a third score as the Buccaneers trampled the Falcons 41-28 in Week 11.

Although the Bucs were playing a lifeless Falcons defense and Tampa Bay's offensive line legitimately blocked out the sun, Rainey deserves credit for outstanding vision and plus burst through the hole. He has some Ahmad Bradshaw to him, and it not a liability in the passing game. Clearly a superior option to FB/HB plodder Brian Leonard at this point, Rainey will be worth firing up as a flex play against the Falcons in Week 12."

Apparently Rainey is going to play the Falcons again next week and only will be a flex play.

• Like 4

Wow, I didn't even know this thread existed. Here's one of my favorites from a few weeks back . . .

Tony Romo completed 34-of-51 passes for 337 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Cowboys' Week 9, 27-23 win over the Vikings.

The Cowboys couldn't get much of anything going through the air in the first half, instead choosing to feature DeMarco Murray.

Murray got 3 first half carries. 3.

• Like 2

"Bobby Rainey exploded for 163 yards and two touchdowns on 30 carries and caught two passes for four yards and a third score as the Buccaneers trampled the Falcons 41-28 in Week 11.

Although the Bucs were playing a lifeless Falcons defense and Tampa Bay's offensive line legitimately blocked out the sun, Rainey deserves credit for outstanding vision and plus burst through the hole. He has some Ahmad Bradshaw to him, and it not a liability in the passing game. Clearly a superior option to FB/HB plodder Brian Leonard at this point, Rainey will be worth firing up as a flex play against the Falcons in Week 12."

Apparently Rainey is going to play the Falcons again next week and only will be a flex play.

The whole RB4, flex play, WR1 nonsense is so arbitrary. I wish people would stop using it.

• Like 3

The whole RB4, flex play, WR1 nonsense is so arbitrary. I wish people would stop using it.

I agree. But it assigns so-called "value" to players, but yeah i feel you.

Jordan Cameron was held to 29 yards on six catches in Sunday's Week 11 loss to the Bengals.

Cameron didn't make his first catch until late in the second quarter and was mostly limited to check downs and underneath routes. He's taken a step back with Jason Campbell at quarterback the last two weeks, combining for just 33 yards and seven catches with no touchdowns. Cameron remains the No. 2 option in the passing game behind A.J. Green and finished with seven targets. He'll look to bounce back in Week 12 against the Steelers.

Who did the Bengals get in return for trading AJ Green to Cleveland apparently right after the game?

• Like 2