Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

A painful injury to be sure...

 

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin is in the league's concussion protocol.

Goodwin banged his head on the turd on the last play of the game. Prior to that, he roasted Darrelle Revis for an 84-yard touchdown. It will likely be the highlight of Goodwin's season, possibly even his career.

 

What a pessimistic post after a great game, just wrecking Goodwin

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"J. McCown 'humming balls' in Browns practice"   OK, which 20-year old intern wrote this headline?  

that*

Rotoworld Blurb Writing 101 Step 1. State blatantly obviously Step 2. develop hard on for player A Week 1- Player A bombs Blurb - Player A is still elite Week 2- Player A bombs Blurb- can't bla

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bartos said:

Hahahah a!

 

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin is in the league's concussion protocol.

Goodwin banged his head on the turd on the last play of the game. Prior to that, he roasted Darrelle Revis for an 84-yard touchdown. It will likely be the highlight of Goodwin's season, possibly even his career.

 

Talk about hitting a man while he is down.....

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

 

Nope, as usual just trying to help other players out. Sadly your trolling might have mislead them. Foster was in for 87% of the dolphins snaps week 1.

 

 

And I was correct--you bought both Miami RBs, and were hoping that one of them would emerge as a bellcow instead of splitting their production into two roughly equal revenue streams.

 

Sadly your article might have misled them into drafting Ajayi... wait a minute... no, on the other hand, no one is THAT gullible.

 

Never mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

And I was correct--you bought both Miami RBs, and were hoping that one of them would emerge as a bellcow instead of splitting their production into two roughly equal revenue streams.

 

Sadly your article might have misled them into drafting Ajayi... wait a minute... no, on the other hand, no one is THAT gullible.

 

Never mind.

 

You assumed my opinion was formed because of whom I drafted, when in fact whom I drafted was based on my opinion.

 

You were wrong.  Again.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

You assumed my opinion was formed because of whom I drafted, when in fact whom I drafted was based on my opinion.

 

You were wrong.  Again.

 

It's really more of an interaction between the two.  You obviously have an opinion from which you drafted--although it's not a strong one in this case, or you wouldn't have drafted BOTH Miami RBs.  Then you look for and promote information that is favorable to your opinion--in this case, that ONE of the Miami RBs will become startable by virtue of being a workhorse back.  Those nuggets of information reinforce your original opinion, strengthening your desire to find more reinforcement, bolstering your opinion, and so on, and so on.  It's a feedback loop.

 

As for being right or wrong, I'm Axe Elf--everything else is irrelevant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

It's really more of an interaction between the two.  You obviously have an opinion from which you drafted--although it's not a strong one in this case, or you wouldn't have drafted BOTH Miami RBs.  

 

You fail at logic once again Elfie.  I had a strong opinion on the Miami coach wanting a 3 down back.  So strong in fact that I drafted both Miami running backs.   Humble people know what they might be wrong about and take steps to mitigate risk.

 

Also, we should consider the draft in question was held in July, three days after Foster signed.   For anyone interested:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

I had a strong opinion on the Miami coach wanting a 3 down back.  So strong in fact that I drafted both Miami running backs.

 

Well, that's basically what I said.

 

You din't have a strong opinion on WHICH Miami RB would be the bellcow, but you very much wanted ONE of them to be a bellcow, and not spend the season trying to guess which would have the hot hand that week--so you promoted information suggesting that the head coach wanted one of his RBs to be the workhorse.  Of course, that information turned out to be touting the wrong one...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

, but you very much wanted ONE of them to be a bellcow

 

Nah, I knew that based on what the coach had done in the past, and in order to secure the backfield I took both.   

 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/598950-2016-rotoworld-forum-experts-money-league/?do=findComment&comment=6485497
 

Sorry Axe, you were wrong again.  Maybe get a new hobby?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iron-cock said:

 

Nah, I knew that based on what the coach had done in the past, and in order to secure the backfield I took both.   

 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/598950-2016-rotoworld-forum-experts-money-league/?do=findComment&comment=6485497
 

Sorry Axe, you were wrong again.  Maybe get a new hobby?

 

 

LOL

 

You keep saying I am wrong, while repeating the same things I'm saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, Bartos said:

Hahahah a!

 

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin is in the league's concussion protocol.

Goodwin banged his head on the turd on the last play of the game. Prior to that, he roasted Darrelle Revis for an 84-yard touchdown. It will likely be the highlight of Goodwin's season, possibly even his career.

 

15 hours ago, BMcP said:

A painful injury to be sure...

 

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin is in the league's concussion protocol.

Goodwin banged his head on the turd on the last play of the game. Prior to that, he roasted Darrelle Revis for an 84-yard touchdown. It will likely be the highlight of Goodwin's season, possibly even his career.

 

this is new and exciting.

Edited by dudeondacouch
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the blurbs that say: "Player X is likely to be active this week" with no basis in fact.  I spent the entire season in 2012 waiting for Darren McFadden to return to the field, and the Raiders and rotoworld kept telling me "he is going back any day now."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2016 at 7:58 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

I like the blurbs that say: "Player X is likely to be active this week" with no basis in fact.  I spent the entire season in 2012 waiting for Darren McFadden to return to the field, and the Raiders and rotoworld kept telling me "he is going back any day now."

 

That was Gronk a few years back.  He was almost available every week for 8 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong but not much has really changed this week about DT on the injury front.  He has a bad hip, in a good matchup and is likely to play hurt, yet somehow he has bounced from low end WR3 to WR2 by the day...

 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Demaryius Thomas will test his hip injury before the game, but he is expected to play.
Officially listed as questionable, Thomas was very limited in practice all week and coach Gary Kubiak did not sound confident about his ability to play. He still appears to be something of a game-time decision, but it sounds like he will at least give it a go. Even if he plays, Thomas could be limited or leave the game early. It is a great matchup against the Colts, but Thomas is nothing more than an upside WR3 play. Sep 18 - 8:41 AM
 
Demaryius Thomas (hip) is questionable for Week 2 against the Colts.
Thomas has been limited at practice this week. It looks like Thomas will play, though he'll be doing it at much less than 100 percent. Despite a favorable matchup against Indy's patchwork secondary, Thomas is a risky WR2. Sep 16 - 2:33 PM
 
Troy Renck of Denver7 believes Demaryius Thomas (hip) is "on track" to play against the Colts in Week 2.
Thomas was only on the field for about a third of the team's offensive snaps on Thursday but looked more comfortable during Friday's session. Renck said he looked "even better" running his routes, which is obviously an encouraging sign. Thomas admitted Thursday that he's worried about cutting and taking hits but his presence at practice suggests he'll be a go for Sunday. He has a decent matchup waiting for him against Indy and should be viewed as a WR2, assuming he plays his usual snaps. Sep 16 - 1:35 PM
 

Demaryius Thomas (hip) says he's day to day.

"I ain’t gonna be feeling great," Thomas said. "But it’s getting better every day. You pray about it, keep getting treatment, and hopefully by game day, you’re ready to go and nothing freaky happens." Thomas clearly isn't convinced he's going to suit up against the Colts. He could end up a game-time decision for the 4:25 ET tilt. Thomas has a mouthwatering matchup in the Colts' undermanned secondary, but at well less than 100 percent with Trevor Siemian delivering him the ball, Thomas' WR2 case needs to be re-evaluated in light of his health.
 

Demaryius Thomas (hip) was limited at Thursday's practice.

Thomas was on the field for a third of the team's snaps on Thursday, though coach Gary Kubiak said he showed progress. He won't be 100 percent but all signs point to Demaryius playing Sunday against Indianapolis. He'll be a risky WR2 for that matchup.
 

Coach Gary Kubiak expects Demaryius Thomas (hip) to play Sunday.

"He’s on course to make it to Sunday," Kubiak said. "Today was a step in the right direction." Thomas practiced Wednesday, but was noticeably limited. Even at less than full health, he'll be a WR2 if active against the Colts.
 

Demaryius Thomas (hip) was officially limited in Wednesday's practice.

Thomas was seen punching at his balky hip in an effort to loosen it up as practice went along Wednesday. He's certainly nowhere near 100 percent, and will probably still be no more than a WR3 in a dream spot against the Colts this week. We'll continue to update Thomas' status in the coming days.
 
 
Sep 14 - 3:33 PM
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reds manager Bryan Price said Billy Hamilton (oblique) is unlikely to play again this season.

"I think we're so far removed now from baseball activity," Price said. "We're getting to that point where the realism portion of this deal is fading real fast -- for both [Hamilton and Zack Cozart]." Hamilton has been on the shelf with a strained left oblique since September 5. Assuming the speedster does not see the field again, he will finish out the 2016 campaign with a .260/.321/.343 slash line, three homers, 17 RBI, and a career-best 58 steals over 411 at-bats. He scored 69 runs ... nice.
 
Mature humor here at the end
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Graham (knee) was downgraded to "DNP" in Thursday's practice.

Graham was limited on Wednesday. It's unclear if Graham tweaked something or the Seahawks are just managing his reps after he played 47 snaps against the 49ers. Friday will obviously tell the story. Graham is just a mid-range TE2 when active.
 
Wow just a "mid-range TE2"?  Looked like he could be a TE 1 to me.  
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Jimmy Graham (knee) was downgraded to "DNP" in Thursday's practice.

Graham was limited on Wednesday. It's unclear if Graham tweaked something or the Seahawks are just managing his reps after he played 47 snaps against the 49ers. Friday will obviously tell the story. Graham is just a mid-range TE2 when active.
 
Wow just a "mid-range TE2"?  Looked like he could be a TE 1 to me.  

Graham injured is a mid-range TE2, particularly after last year.  If he does practice and is fine, and it's just management, he's a TE1.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This if from August 15th. Yeah, about that.

 

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the issue that caused Rob Gronkowski to leave Monday's practice early is considered "minor."

As expected. There was never much concern coming out of New England, but the national media predictably turned it into something. The Patriots have been taking it easy on Gronk all summer. Expect him to be back at the Patriots' joint practices with the Bears this week. Gronkowski is fine.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Free agent TE Rob Housler worked out for the Bears.

The Packers are a tight end short with Jared Cook battling an ankle injury. Housler caught just four passes in 10 games between the Browns and Bears last season.

 

So wait..did he work out for the Bears or the Packers??

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny how Rotoworld has Rudolph as one of the sits of the week and yet in their latest blurb they say he's a must start in all formats.   I guess that's one way to cover all bases.  ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Advice: Fiedorowicz scored the game-tying touchdown with under a minute in the fourth quarter. He's had at least seven targets the last two weeks and is the clear preferred option over Ryan Griffin. Fiedorowicz will be a low-end steamer for a Week 7 matchup with Denver.

 

Most of my steamers are low end, right into the toilet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...