NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

GottaGetTheWin

kinda nitpicking here but still.

Ace Sanders caught two passes for 17 yards and one touchdown in Week 15 against the Bills.

Advice: Sanders was targeted just three times but secured his first career NFL touchdown

Ace Sanders threw a TD pass in Week 14 for his first TD. Week 15 was his first receiving TD.

Ace Sanders caught two passes for 17 yards and one touchdown in Week 15 against the Bills.

Advice: Sanders was targeted just three times but secured his first career NFL touchdown

Ace Sanders threw a TD pass in Week 14 for his first TD. Week 15 was his first receiving TD.

I guess it could possibly mean "secured" as in secured in his arms?

I guess it could possibly mean "secured" as in secured in his arms?

Or secured as in he locked his game ball in a safe to keep forever.

This one bummed me out

Aaron Rodgers - QB - Packers

Matt Flynn took the first-team reps during Thursday's practice.

For that fleeting second I read "first-team reps" under the name Rodgers. This should have been a Matt Flynn update.

They do it a lot on the RW headlines. They'll say something like "Matt Flynn gets the start" but they'll put Aaron Rodgers picture there.

Andre Caldwell is somehow a WR4 and Fitz is somehow a WR2.

I remember when I 1st found rotoworld I was so happy and grateful for the insight and thought it was gospel. Boy was I wrong. This is worse then what I would expect from the average guy who watched a lot of football.

I remember when I 1st found rotoworld I was so happy and grateful for the insight and thought it was gospel. Boy was I wrong. This is worse then what I would expect from the average guy who watched a lot of football.

Caldwell is a WR4 if Welker is out and Fitz is a WR2 at best IMO.

Caldwell is a WR4 if Welker is out and Fitz is a WR2 at best IMO.

no welker makes caldwell a lot more then a WR4. have you seen the guys rotoworld calls WR4?

The blurb mistakes got a lot worse when Rosenthal and Wesseling left. As someone already said in this thread(sorry, I forget who you are), read the first part of the blurb, and ignore the blue text. Or read the blue text for a laugh and move on.:-)

Edited by AndyReidMustGo...Now

Rodgers has yet to gain medical clearance, and it doesn't sound like he will in time to make the start against the Steelers on Sunday. Even though the Packers can clinch a playoff spot this week, they aren't letting those issues rush their franchise player's return.

Uh Yeah. There is no possible way that Green Bay clinches anything this week. That's pretty basic stuff....

One I saw posted in the Marshall thread

Marshall is an elite TE1 this week against Philapdelphia

Marshallus Bennett?

Fri, Dec 20

Brandon Marshall (quad) returned to a full practice Friday.

Advice: He'll be an elite TE1 in Sunday night's bout with Philadelphia.

(Rotoworld.com)

I think they got mixed up with their wording:

The St. Louis Rams will land the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NFL draft if they lose to the Giants in Week 17, and the Texans beat the Titans.

The Texans have clinched a top-two overall pick, while the Rams are sure to draft in the top five even if they beat the Giants. This is because St. Louis owns the Redskins' first-round pick stemming from the Robert Griffin III trade. Rams brass has publicly thrown support behind Sam Bradford, but would have to take a long look at quarterbacks if they landed a top-two pick. Alternatives would include trading down or drafting Jadeveon Clowney.

The St. Louis Rams will land the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NFL draft if they lose to the Giants in Week 17, and the Texans beat the Titans.

The Texans have clinched a top-two overall pick, while the Rams are sure to draft in the top five even if they beat the Giants. This is because St. Louis owns the Redskins' first-round pick stemming from the Robert Griffin III trade. Rams brass has publicly thrown support behind Sam Bradford, but would have to take a long look at quarterbacks if they landed a top-two pick. Alternatives would include trading down or drafting Jadeveon Clowney.

I saw that post, made 0 sense. They basically just said "The Rams have an early pick, and Clowney may be an early pick. Also quarterback is a position in the draft class.

• Like 1

I saw that post, made 0 sense. They basically just said "The Rams have an early pick, and Clowney may be an early pick. Also quarterback is a position in the draft class.

Not only that but the Rams don't play the Giants.

Not a mistake but this RW writer let Schwartz have it!

Coach Jim Schwartz claimed Reggie Bush wasn't benched for his latest fumble in Sunday's loss to the Giants.

Advice: Schwartz is averse to speaking the truth when talking to the media. Bush was clearly benched after losing his fourth fumble of the season, as Theo Riddick was getting crunch-time carries behind beastly feature back Joique Bell. We won't have to deal with these antics too much longer as Schwartz is expected to be fired following the Week 17 finale against the Vikings

YOU'RE FIRED!

Not only that but the Rams don't play the Giants.

THIS. Jesus how do they not only write so poorly, but also have no idea who teams are facing.

• Like 1

according to the newest blurb Schiano is not only Coach but also a Defensive tackle for the Buccaneers. No wonder he is such a grump, working 1 of those jobs is stressful enough, can't imagine both.

also in the same article it says munchak's in more trouble the schiano. How can that be?

Bucs are 1. worse record, 2. higher expectations/talent 3.Morally corrupt with the leaked health records.

Titans had a super tough schedule and are only 1 or maybe 2 wins top from what was expect. No one outside of Nashville thought playoffs. Meanwhile everyone thought bucs had a great playoff shot.

This one is the epitome of the blurb. Literally two posts about the same thing on two ends of the spectrum.

Post 1 at 12:38pm...

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi reports there are "bad vibes indicating uncertainty" about Browns coach Rob Chudzinski's job status.

As Grossi puts it, incredible. The Browns enter Week 17 just 4-11 under their first-year head coach, but have played competitive football despite cycling through three quarterbacks and having no running backs. Josh Gordon has emerged as the game's best young receiver under Chudzinski's tutelage, while Jordan Cameron has crashed the top tier of tight ends. Firing Chudzinski would be madness for a team locked in a never-ending cycle of rebuilds. That being said, owner Jimmy Haslam is an unsavory character — to say the least — so we wouldn't put it past him to force an inane coaching change.

Post 2 at 5:48pm...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Browns will fire head coach Rob Chudzinski.

NFL head coaches generally have short shelf lives, but one-and-dones are quite uncommon. Chudzinski bucks the trend after a 4-12 season that involved quarterback chaos -- the Browns started three different QBs over the course of the year -- and losses in ten of their last 11 games. Chudzinski was once widely regarded as one of the brightest young offensive minds in football, but his unit struggled in Carolina last year, and his 2013 Cleveland offense was dysfunctional in both the run and pass games. It's believed GM Mike Lombardi will target Patriots OC Josh McDaniels to be the Browns' next head coach.

In the first one it's ridiculous that Chud would be fired. The whole idea is ridiculous, but because the Browns are the Browns it wouldn't be a total surprise.

In the second one, its all Chud's fault. Once widley regarded as a young offensive mind Chud's offensive has struggled over the last two years. This year it has struggled in pass and run.

WHAT??!!! Complete different ends of the world and how has Chud's offense struggled in the pass game? Gordon led the league in receiveing after MISSING two games. Cameron started out on pace for 20 TDs over the first 4 games and then Jason Campbell took over. Still is a pro bowl TE. Trent Richardson, Willis McGahee, Chris O, Edwin Baker..Yea he obviously should have a top 5 RB corps with those guys carrying the ball. Imagine how this offense could have been if they actually had a real QB under center.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
  • Like 1