NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Unavoidable Ray Rice or Andre Brown

My team (6-3) against his (7-2)...cannot lose or will be out of playoffs. 12 person full point PPR league.

Do I go with busted Rice (Cin) or timeshare unknown Brown (Oak)? Best available on the wire is Hillis (Oak), Shonn Greene (Jac), Mendenhall (Hou), and Starks (Phi).

Active Roster

Andrew Luck

Ray Rice

Frank Gore

Pierre Garcon

Torrey Smith

Alshon Jeffery

Martellus Bennett

Garett Hartley

Giants D

Bench

Jay Cutler

Andre Brown

Aaron Dobson

Rob Gronkowski

49ers D

Colts D

(3 defenses rostered only to starve my opponent and force him to play Broncos D against Rivers)

Thanks!

WHIR

Could go either way though I'd take a chance on Brown vs Oak, just on the fact we seen so much of Rice already.

It'll probably end up both getting around the same points.

I think the Broncos D could possibly go 10+ maybe even 20+ if Rivers turns back to the way he played against them (in that comeback win) last season and the Denver secondary would have to step up also.

im gonna make a bold move here. You are out if you dont win right? lay your nuts in the table and go either Andre Brown or Shonn Greene. and here's why..

Andre: Coughlin got him hurt in the preseason by overuse. Coughlin feels guilty and wants to do right and use Andre as he is now 100%. in fact he is MORE rested than any other back. Andre explodes on a demoralized Oakland team that allowed a historic beatdown to happen to them at home last week. They are not a resilient team. I think that loss last week will stick around this week as they go on the road to NY. oh yeah, Andre is at home, too. You dont think he'll feed off the crowd. If i had one guy to plug in with the biggest ceiling it is him. Low floor of course, but i also think the highest ceiling. If he puts up some big runs they will run with him.

Shonn: facing the worst DEF in the NFL Shonn will put up #'s if TEN gets a lead. HE will prob get the goalline work and there will be lots of scores. I dont think his ceiling is as high as Andre's so thats why he'd be second.

good luck....let us know how you do!

Thanks for the input, especially sargo...

Im actually still torn with the defenses, leaning Giants due to two solid last performances against Vikings and Eagles, plus the home advantage, playing a team with a knee banged up running QB, back up RB, travelling across the country, with the worst time possible time zone shift, in the cold. Cali team in the northeast...

I feel like 49ers Panthers is less predictable, and the Colts terrible previous week plus Zac Stacy cautions me against eating off of Kellen Clemmons...

Thanks for the input, especially sargo...

Im actually still torn with the defenses, leaning Giants due to two solid last performances against Vikings and Eagles, plus the home advantage, playing a team with a knee banged up running QB, back up RB, travelling across the country, with the worst time possible time zone shift, in the cold. Cali team in the northeast...

I feel like 49ers Panthers is less predictable, and the Colts terrible previous week plus Zac Stacy cautions me against eating off of Kellen Clemmons...

its a bold move i just wanted to check that you thought it through. If i needed a homerun i'd also think about the Giants.

one reason to consider the niners, though. #1 just came off a bye. #2 Aldon Smith is back. Dude is a defensive BEAST on the niners. Carolina hasn't really played tough teams yet. I just checked this and WOW was i right. Cakewalk schedule and they LOSE to Arizona. pathetic. They are about to lose again. Anyways, you got the Niners there on your team. i'd think about them too. I also liked the Giants but what scared me off was that nobody ranked them that high this week. They have put up 10pts in the last 4 games and Oakland is beat down so that is promising. Prob can't go wrong with either. Good luck!

Archived