NBC Sports Edge Forums

Overreaction Thread

gsw

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anthony Davis only has one block over the last two games. Everyone is hyping him a lot, but I'm watching him tonight, and he hasn't really done anything.

If he doesn't record a block or two by the end of the game, I'll think about dropping him.

Nooo! I just realized he's on the can't cut list! Hopefully I can trade him for Michael Beasley or something.

Anthony Davis only has one block over the last two games. Everyone is hyping him a lot, but I'm watching him tonight, and he hasn't really done anything.

If he doesn't record a block or two by the end of the game, I'll think about dropping him.

Dude's a bum. Just a total bust. Michael Olowokandi 2.0.

Dude's a bum. Just a total bust. Michael Olowokandi 2.0.

You sure are hyped up with the creation of this thread. LOL. Keep em coming!

So on a more serious note, here's a true overreaction from yours truly.

Last year I was struggling to get assists because my PGs didn't pan out ( Nash was my first PG ) and I couldnt get anyone to trade their PG to me. So this year I completely overreacted and drafted as many PGs as I can. I ended up with Rose, Westbrook, Ellis, MCW, Beverley, & Reggie Jackson.

The result? Of course my FG% and my TOs are at the bottom of the league right now.

I offered MCW to several teams and no one seemed to be interested.

I panicked and tried to unload Ellis for several big men and still no one bit. ( Offered ellis for Drummond, Monroe, Vucevic, etc. )

I then reached higher and offered Rose for several other big men ( Marc, Milsap, Horford, etc. ) No one bit.

Obviously depending on your needs you can aruge any player is a better fit for your team, but it is early enough that you can trade for a better talent and then make other trades.

This is something I needed to hear. Until Rose starts to play 100% I probably won't be able to unload him for anything remotely close to the big men I was asking.

Funny thing was I had a chance at Milsap and Hortford during the draft. I took Rose / Ellis in their place. I just never thought that MCW was going to do MCW things and that Westbrook would be back so early.

So here's to another month of 42% FG!!! :D

Archived