NBC Sports Edge Forums

Overreaction Thread

gsw

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Hawks big 3 totally bombed tonight. Their combined value in my points league was 33.5 (17 for Horford, 16.5 for Teague, 0 for Millsap) which is actually the exact same number of points put up by Harden, and he had a very mediocre game too (he averages around 50.5/gm in my format.) I can't believe I'm winning by a sizeable margin after two nights, but definitely fretting future bad combined nights from that trio that doom my team to a loss.

Ignore this rant of mine, this is just me overreacting. Felt like typing it out.

God damnit, Bledsoe and Thaddeus Young didn't play in their last games and won't play tonight. Bledsoe may be built like a tank, but I thought tanks don't sit out during wars. Drafted Tobias Harris before the ankle injury news came out and have had a 9 man team since the season started. I traded Afflalo away to receive Larry Sanders, then Sanders does some stupid sh_t and is out for 6 weeks. Dropped Sanders, so I just gave away Afflalo for nothing. Then I picked up Markieff Morris who was doing amazing, then he saw that I picked him up and decided either going into ghost mode or fouling 5 times in 11 minutes is a good idea. I've been barely losing to guys who have gotten 150 more minutes of playing time a week than I and they think they've won because their team is better. I'm way too competitive to be losing like this.

My Hawks big 3 totally bombed tonight. Their combined value in my points league was 33.5 (17 for Horford, 16.5 for Teague, 0 for Millsap) which is actually the exact same number of points put up by Harden, and he had a very mediocre game too (he averages around 50.5/gm in my format.) I can't believe I'm winning by a sizeable margin after two nights, but definitely fretting future bad combined nights from that trio that doom my team to a loss.

I would never have three players on the same team on any fantasy team. For matchup, schedules, team they play etc...

I'm thinking of trading Millsap, but it was partially strategic because of how awesome their playoff schedule is. At the same time, there's that one week where the Hawks only have 1 game and most teams have 3 or 4, so that's not going to be good.

Lebron with less than 5 points in the first. I'm going to open some trade negotiations with the guy in my league who picked up Jason Collins and Brian Scalabrine as a joke. Maybe I can fleece him by adding in Durant and Paul as well.

I need Sanders to come back so badly and reintroduce block city.

Drummond don't block.

Gortat is solid but not a difference maker.

I'm competing against guys who have Anthony Davis and Dwight, guys who have Hibbert and Lopez. Come back Sanders!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Should I drop Hayward for Brian Roberts?? With Jrue out I see him average 47.5 mpg, at least 9.9 apg and 17-18 ppg with 2.9 3pm 2.5 steals and maybe 0.6-0.7 blocks. Hayward is a f****ng FG killer, worthless scum

yeah but hayward has been playing great lately, 37 points on 13/16 shooting, with almost a triple double. obviously that wont go on, but i expect him to have at least 35 ppg on 65% and 8 reb and asists

• 9 months later...

Archived