NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who do I drop? WHIR

Proto24

Team 2 in sig. Witten is on bye and I new to pickup a TE. I am 5-5 and still fighting for a playoff spot. IMO, the only droppable players are Ray Rice and Roddy White.

As you can see, I am a bit deeper at RB than at WR.

So which one do I drop to get a TE? Or do I play without a TE and hope for the best? WHIR thanks.

That's a tough one. What TE are available? If it's someone that you can rely on then I would probably drop Rice and hope for the best. Maybe he won't get snatched up next week and you can pick him back up. White is just coming back and might be able to produce down the stretch. Rice had his chances.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=400955

If I were in your position, I would definitely drop one of them (Rice, White) to pick up a TE. No, a free agent TE won't get you a ton of points, but you would hate to sit tight and then lose by 2 points. I think I would drop Rice.

I'd drop Rice probably. It looks like he's 5th on your depth chart. I like Roddy's chances better than Rice's to suddenly become productive again. At least with Roddy, we know his lack of production was (most likely) due to injury and he's now the healthiest he's been all year, where Rice has a terrible o-line and may or may not be injured. He's had 15+ touches almost every game and done nothing, so there's no reason to think it'll change.

Archived