Lucas Giolito - SP WAS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
On 7/26/2016 at 4:53 PM, pittsports87 said:

A 22 year old top prospect who has made 3 career starts in the MLB is nothing more than a AAAA pitcher?  

giphy.gif

Most people on this forum do not know what a AAAA player is... Already had this discussion in depth and many veteran posters are confused on what a AAAA player even is.  People hear some trendy new term and they want to try and use it every chance they get even if it's using it through misconception. 

4 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

There's a reason why the Nationals were willing to trade him....

He already had one TJ out of highschool.  Maybe they saw the writing on the wall?  The fantasy baseball world was blown away by how much The Nats gave up for Eaton.  But if Giolito was damaged goods it makes a whole hell of a lot more sense.  Not saying he is but it certainly leaves a lot of room to speculate. 

23 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Most people on this forum do not know what a AAAA player is... Already had this discussion in depth and many veteran posters are confused on what a AAAA player even is.  People hear some trendy new term and they want to try and use it every chance they get even if it's using it through misconception. 

Yeah man, damn... Myself and the other like 6 or 7 people, plus Baseball Reference and Wiki, must be wrong and you're right. Thanks.

46 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Yeah man, damn... Myself and the other like 6 or 7 people, plus Baseball Reference and Wiki, must be wrong and you're right. Thanks.

Indeed.  I mean Jesus Aguilar went from you guys calling him a AAA hitter to hitting 3 hole in an MLB lineup.... But yeah.... Ya'll were wrong about what a AAAA player is.  Common misconception though.

23 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Indeed.  I mean Jesus Aguilar went from you guys calling him a AAA hitter to hitting 3 hole in an MLB lineup.... But yeah.... Ya'll were wrong about what a AAAA player is.  Common misconception though.

Get back to me about him in another month. That .636BABIP is legit. 

• 3 weeks later...

the bubba starling of sp.... but he still is only 22 turns 23 this summer so he could still be a senior in college

he still have a few more years to figure it out

Edited by colepenhagen
8 hours ago, Ragnaroker said:

If they truly are rebuilding him from the ground up, this kinda makes sense. Might be one of those situations where the numbers aren't 100% telling the story.

I feel like I read this exact same analysis with respect to Giolito (not from you, but in general) a year ago.