NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hafner for Soriano

thebestpr21

I just offered Hafner for Soriano. Would it be enough??? If not, i know he is looking for a closer, i could include Benitez or frasor to the trade. I want to know what you guys think and also if it will be good for my team to make the trade. Thanks...

It should be - right now, I'd probably prefer Hafner. The only categories Soriano beats Hafner are runs (and not by a huge margin) and steals - and you worry about the latter if hammy issues persist. Hafner could hit 50 bombs, drive in 145 runs and hit .310.

(Also, I assume it's not the team in your sig, as you don't list Hafner there)

I had Soriano last year and I am a big fan...I would not accept that if I were giving up Soriano...I don't think its enough, just because he started off slow and is hurt...he's a stud!!! just look at adp too...why wouldn't he be drafted as a top 6 pick and soriano too...you usually have to take that into consideration in a trade like this one...especially the 1 for 1 deals...you should throw a closer with it...

I think it pretty much defines selling high on Hafner and buying low on Soriano. It's a fair deal, but if I were the Soriano owner, I probably wouldn't do it. Likewise, as an optimistic Hafner owner, I like his potential to have a better year than Alfonso, but only in power and avg. If you're getting enough steals from Pierre, Damon, and Phillips, I'd be happy with Hafner, who is perfectly healthy and mashing.

I don't think you should have to sweeten the deal if you want to make it though. The fact that one is hot and the other is cold/hurt is the equalizer.

Archived