NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Griffin 2013 Outlook

mrfrood

Looks like he is getting the call against the Broncos. Graham and Daniels out. Is this guy in line for a huge game?

I already picked him up last week before the Colts game. He's not much of a blocker but he can catch. He's 6'6" so he's a big dude that is hard to cover by LB's. The Texans love to use their TE in the passing game so he can be valuable in PPR leagues. He was 11th last week among TE's in my PPR league.

If your still playing for something this week do you really want to trust your championship game to a 3rd string TE on shipwrecked team?

Well when you have Cameron (who is probably out) and Pitta (did not like the snap count last week and coming off an injury), playing this guy makes sense. His first start he got six catches and now has a golden matchup. Texans will be playing from behind and Schaub loves throwing it to his tight ends. Pitta does have a good matchup and is historically good against the Patriots, but I think he has as much risk as Griffin.

I'm choosing between Pitta and Griffin as well. It sucks risking it in the championship. but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets six catchers for 60 yards again. I doubt he scores a td though. He might be a better start in PPR.

If your still playing for something this week do you really want to trust your championship game to a 3rd string TE on shipwrecked team?

Beyond the fact that I'm a Cameron owner, the more I have given Griffin thought the more comfortable I am.

Versus a pissed Peyton and Broncos team the Texans are going to get lit up, and will absolutely need to be slinging the pigskin around. Schaub loves his TEs as mentioned before and especially in the red zone.

6/62 last week, I'd say it's a pretty good chance he sees better than that, and if not, well you could do worse in PPR at TE.

My only concern is that Schaub likely has limited experience with him as Keenum at least probably had some reps on the third/second string with him early in the season. Regardless though, the Texans will need to throw and throw a lot.

I'd even go so far as to say he's a TE1 this week whether you need him to be or not. Who outside of Graham, Vernon and Julius are going to guarantee you better upside this week than he has right now?

Definitely not a bad play if you're hurting at TE. There's a lot of TE shenanigans in the final couple weeks, with Garrett Graham, Pitta getting injured or not in the gameplan, respectively. I like him more than Pitta or D. Walker this week.

Some of us play in bigger leagues. Sorry Gronk tore his ACL, Cameron is concussed and the only other options are Ertz and Eifert

Well as someone who lost Gronk this late in the year w out a legitimate back up I'm not sure why not? Full time player on a team who is going to be down 40 after 1 qtr and throwing the ball all game.

Some of us play in bigger leagues. Sorry Gronk tore his ACL, Cameron is concussed and the only other options are Ertz and Eifert

I wish I was that lucky. My options are Lewis, Myers, Quarless and Griffin. Fantasy beasts.

There are three things that I like about Griffin: he's a big dude who can catch, he plays in an offense that likes using the TE and he played during all their snaps on offense last week.

I wish I was that lucky. My options are Lewis, Myers, Quarless and Griffin. Fantasy beasts.

There are three things that I like about Griffin: he's a big dude who can catch, he plays in an offense that likes using the TE and he played during all their snaps on offense last week.

Ertz and Eifert share snaps though. Quarless and Lewis are also available. Griffin is the best of the bench considering it's PPR.

Ertz has a better chance of getting a TD, but since it's PPR, I'll take the upside up Griffin getting catches and yards. Graham isn't that good and he had a huge game against Jacksonville. I could see Griffin going something like 5/60/1

Not sure. One of the reasons I was hesitant to add him is because its a dynasty league I needed a te in. So it was dump leshoure for griffin or start ladarius and take a possible zero again. I'm choosing to risk leshoure for one game from griffin vs risking losing by 5 because I held leshoure when he may or may not get traded to somewhere he can start.

I am considering R. Griffin as a starter for my final game. I, too, am a Gronk victim, so my options are Pitta (almost lost me the game last week), M. Lewis, T. Wright and Andrew Quarless I am in a 1pt PPR league, so I simply want whichever TE that will be getting the most targets. For those of you in similar circumstances, are there any other TE's that might have a good matchup out there?

I am considering R. Griffin as a starter for my final game. I, too, am a Gronk victim, so my options are Pitta (almost lost me the game last week), M. Lewis, T. Wright and Andrew Quarless I am in a 1pt PPR league, so I simply want whichever TE that will be getting the most targets. For those of you in similar circumstances, are there any other TE's that might have a good matchup out there?

PPR, I'd honestly go Griffin >>> Pitta. Pitta has a higher chance to score a TD, but he's only going to be on the field for half the snaps. In that case, you have to hope Baltimore plays from behind the entire game.

With Griffin, you know he's going to be on the field the entire game to block and run routes. Griffin could easily get 10 targets.

Stumbled upon this thread after reading Silva's matchup column today and am seriously considering him for my FF championship.

Texans rookie Ryan Griffin is my favorite sleeper of Week 16, and a recommended streamer for owners of Jordan Cameron (concussion), as well as ex-owners of Rob Gronkowski. The Broncos allow the ninth most fantasy points to tight ends, and neither Garrett Graham (hamstring) nor Owen Daniels (fibula) is expected to play. Griffin played 67-of-67 snaps in Houston's Week 15 loss to Indy, securing 6-of-6 targets for 62 yards. Schaub has long favored peppering tight ends in the red zone over Johnson, for whatever reason. Griffin could be another beneficiary should the Texans encounter an early-game deficit. I like Griffin as a cheap FanDuel option and Hail Mary TE1. He led Houston in preseason receptions (14) and goes 6-foot-6, 261 with soft hands. ...

The one stat that stands out to me is "Griffin played on every single snap in Week 15"

I'm in a 1PPR league so I think I'll take my chances with him this week over guys like Marcedes Lewis, Quarless, ZMiller.

He's getting more and more hype. Evan Silva is touting him, Yahoo was touting him last night and even the Sablich Brothers who have been very acurate when it comes to TE's have him ranked 8th in PPR rankings.

He's getting more and more hype. Evan Silva is touting him, Yahoo was touting him last night and even the Sablich Brothers who have been very acurate when it comes to TE's have him ranked 8th in PPR rankings.

I hope it pays off for my FF Super Bowl. I'm starting him and hoping for a 6/80/1 type game. Risky plugging in a 3rd string TE for the FF Super Bowl but I don't have any more options that offer up as much upside as he.

I hope it pays off for my FF Super Bowl. I'm starting him and hoping for a 6/80/1 type game. Risky plugging in a 3rd string TE for the FF Super Bowl but I don't have any more options that offer up as much upside as he.

I picked him up last week as a one week wild card and he looked pretty good against the Colts. What's not to like? He's huge and can catch, plays in an offense that likes to throw the ball to the TE, plays every snap on offense and he'll see plenty of garbage time targets.

This week he's going from my bench into the starting lineup!

what's not to like is that he hasn't been named the starter. I don't have a space unless he's named the starter. But if you have a bench spot, yes, I would pick him up. Scary to use though if he is a game time decision re he'll start.

lucky owner of gronk with a backup of cameron here...and it's been a struggle this week trying to decide who to play. found fleener on waivers, but with a KC matchup...i seriously think this guy has more upside.he probably starting, played every snap last week, and matt schaub loves TE's in the RZ. on top of a potentially ridiculously high scoring game..idk. i'm envious of those with delanie walker, pitta, miller, etc out on the wire but oh well, gunna roll this guy out there.

what's not to like is that he hasn't been named the starter. I don't have a space unless he's named the starter. But if you have a bench spot, yes, I would pick him up. Scary to use though if he is a game time decision re he'll start.

What are you talking about? The guy who played 100% of the snaps last week has not been named the starter? Are you concerned about Graham being active? And what space are you saving on your roster? Need a deep bench in championship week or something?

I would start him over Pitta or Zach Miller if he starts. Snap count and HOU will certainly play from behind makes the difference. As to the bench spot, this is the last week, free to throw some studs with bad match ups that you are not going to play to the waivers, no one else can pick those up until next season.

What are you talking about? The guy who played 100% of the snaps last week has not been named the starter? Are you concerned about Graham being active? And what space are you saving on your roster? Need a deep bench in championship week or something?

Don't need to be a smart a**. I don't need a deep bench, of course. I DO need to keep someone on the bench rather than allow my opponent to pick him up off the waivers if I drop too soon. Such as Harry Douglass, Vereen, hell even Spiller. (let alone a couple of quarterbacks capable of giving someone 20+ points against me.) Timing. I can release one of them less than 24 hours before their game time, so they can't be snagged.

Archived