NBC Sports Edge Forums

Time to give up on Tyreke, J.Green, or Burke?

12-team, 11-man, 9-cat, h2h league.

Green today got some counting stats but he hasn't cracked top 100 all year. Tyreke isn't starting, and although he has assists upside, his numbers this past week have been atrocious. Plus the ankle problems. Burke is potential but will he realize it this year with all the time he missed earlier in the season? All three are shooting beyond abysmally. They are FG% category killers.

Is it time to give up on Tyreke, Green, or Burke? I may have a shot at a first-round bye, but I'm also thinking with a mind toward playoffs.

(My hesitation to drop one any of them, and the Forum's recommendations, have cost me Reddick and DeMarre Caroll, and I wonder how many other good, or at least consistent, players I'll miss out on while these three bums get their acts together).

Team is: Lillard, IT2, Burke, Knight, Tyreke, Deng, J.Green, D.Lee, Ibaka, Gibson, and M.Gasol.

Players Available (listed in order of average stats ranking in the past 14 days*)

George Hill

Corey Brewer

Kenneth Faried

Khris Middleton

Raymond Felton

Mario Chalmers

Carlos Boozer

Shawn Marion

Jonas Valanciunas

James Johnson

Jared Sullinger

* (Small rant: I put them in order of average stats in case someone's going to act all shocked that the likes of Boozer, or Sullinger, are somehow available. The answer is quite simple: they're not doing as well as you think they are. Rant over.)

Chalmers and Hill available in 12 team 9 cat leagues? I would drop Tyreke and Green for them for sure.

If you want stability drop Burke for Marion.

I keep holding on to Burke though but I guess I am somehow emotional attached to that kid.

Chalmers and Hill available in 12 team 9 cat leagues? I would drop Tyreke and Green for them for sure.

I keep holding on to Burke though but I guess I am somehow emotional attached to that kid.

This is good advice. My only concern is that if I drop Tyreke and Green for Chalmers and Hill I'm left with only one SF.

This is good advice. My only concern is that if I drop Tyreke and Green for Chalmers and Hill I'm left with only one SF.

I see. You could either switch one of the PGs (Hill or Chalners) with Marion to solve it or with Johnson if you want to gamble on some upside. None of them will hurt you unlike Green or Ty. Marion is a starter and will give you a very solid contribution with very limited upside but nevertheless very underrated in 9 cat.

Or you swap Burke with Marion or JJ. I really like Burke but he will most likely hurt you more with this bad FG% than help you out.

Thanks for the shoutout thornton1986 ;)

yeah i would do the same except i would keep tyreke and just pickup hill, chalmers isnt even doign that great,

i would send out massive 2 for 1 offers using tyreke + whoever you find expendable for someone top notch in a cat you're losing in

Burke is getting assists, but his shooting has been terrible, he doesn't score a lot & he doesn't really help in any other areas, drop him. Green & Tyreke aren't as bad, but dropping them isn't a bad idea. Chalmers & Hill are solid players, but to solve the SF prob, I would take K Middleton or Johnson over Marion, he's been trending down & now he's hurt. Bucks are a risky team, but Middleton shoots high %s & racks up steals, I think him & James Johnson will play best ROS for SF on your list

I see. You could either switch one of the PGs (Hill or Chalners) with Marion to solve it or with Johnson if you want to gamble on some upside. None of them will hurt you unlike Green or Ty. Marion is a starter and will give you a very solid contribution with very limited upside but nevertheless very underrated in 9 cat.

Or you swap Burke with Marion or JJ. I really like Burke but he will most likely hurt you more with this bad FG% than help you out.

Thanks for the shoutout thornton1986 ;)

That guy give you the best possible answer.

Listen to the man!

Archived