NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Offered J. Baez

LarryChip10

Keeper/Roto

All 3 players will be $8 this year.

Knowing Baez will be up only half this season most likely, and having a team built to win this year which Tony & Sonny are a big part of, would you make this trade? If so who would you give up?

Thanks in advance, WHIR

I would sell on Cingrani. He hasn't even broken 150 IP in the majors yet, and he literally throws the fastball over 80% of the time. For the most part, most major league players can hit a fastball, and it makes their life a lot easier on guessing pitches when they know for the most part Cingranis going to throw a fastball (and his average velocity barely tops 92MPH, so it's not like he's throwing gas).

Javier Baez isn't the greatest thing ever, but fact remains this kid hit 37 bombs in the minors last season, and with 2B/SS eligibility, you aren't going to find anybody at his position with those skills except Hanley and Troy for the most part.

I would sell on Cingrani. He hasn't even broken 150 IP in the majors yet, and he literally throws the fastball over 80% of the time. For the most part, most major league players can hit a fastball, and it makes their life a lot easier on guessing pitches when they know for the most part Cingranis going to throw a fastball (and his average velocity barely tops 92MPH, so it's not like he's throwing gas).

Javier Baez isn't the greatest thing ever, but fact remains this kid hit 37 bombs in the minors last season, and with 2B/SS eligibility, you aren't going to find anybody at his position with those skills except Hanley and Troy for the most part.

he has a very deceptive arm angle which makes it hard for hitters to pick up out of the hand

or i should say he hides the ball well

Actually... I re-researched on the counsel of colepenhagen.... and I wouldn't trade Cingrani for Javier Baez now.

Reasons why:

- He had 18 starts last season and posted an ERA under 3.00, 1.10 WHIP, and an opponent BA of .192. To put that into relation, Jose Fernandez had an opponent BA of .180 last season. Cingrani's only 23 too. Also, Cingrani has yet to have a stint in the majors or minors where his opponents bat better than .200 against him. This is no lie.

- I didn't consider the fact that your league is a ROTO, so since Cingrani will probably break 165 IP, that in itself is tremendous value.

- Apparently Cingrani's deceptive delivery is very effective in drawing strikeouts and swing and misses.

- In 104.2 IP last season, Cingrani's SIERA was 3.31. That's damn good for a rookie 23 year old.

Stick with Cingrani. Rethinking it over, I wouldn't give up Cingrani for Baez. If I had to choose between Gray or Cingrani, I'd pick Cingrani, just because Gray overachieved last season in such a small sample size of major league experience. However, I definitely gained favor for Gray after watching him pitch well in the playoffs. Just to let you know, Gray's SIERA in his small sample size in the majors last season was 3.04, which is also damn good.

I would choose Cingrani over Baez, and Baez over Gray probably, just because I think Baez just has too much upside, and you are in a keeper league sooooooo

Help?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=433217

Actually... I re-researched on the counsel of colepenhagen.... and I wouldn't trade Cingrani for Javier Baez now.

Reasons why:

- He had 18 starts last season and posted an ERA under 3.00, 1.10 WHIP, and an opponent BA of .192. To put that into relation, Jose Fernandez had an opponent BA of .180 last season. Cingrani's only 23 too. Also, Cingrani has yet to have a stint in the majors or minors where his opponents bat better than .200 against him. This is no lie.

- I didn't consider the fact that your league is a ROTO, so since Cingrani will probably break 165 IP, that in itself is tremendous value.

- Apparently Cingrani's deceptive delivery is very effective in drawing strikeouts and swing and misses.

- In 104.2 IP last season, Cingrani's SIERA was 3.31. That's damn good for a rookie 23 year old.

Stick with Cingrani. Rethinking it over, I wouldn't give up Cingrani for Baez. If I had to choose between Gray or Cingrani, I'd pick Cingrani, just because Gray overachieved last season in such a small sample size of major league experience. However, I definitely gained favor for Gray after watching him pitch well in the playoffs. Just to let you know, Gray's SIERA in his small sample size in the majors last season was 3.04, which is also damn good.

I would choose Cingrani over Baez, and Baez over Gray probably, just because I think Baez just has too much upside, and you are in a keeper league sooooooo

Help?

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=433217

Funny you say that cause he's an A's homer who would prefer Gray IMO... Insightful replies, most appreciated!

I think letting cingrani go for baez would be ok for you. Definitely think Gray has the brighter future out of all of them, but all will be studs I think. If you really want to go after Baez then I would try Cingrani first. Maybe wait until the season starts and Tony gets a couple good games under his belt and you might be able to get Baez and someone else that could help more immediately.

help here if you can http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=433307

Archived