NBC Sports Edge Forums

Profar Hurt----2B Trade offers

Team/League in signature. With very little to add on the wire and most managers being

stingy, I am on a search for 2B help after learning of the Profar injury. I don't trust my backups

to start regularly.

I have been offered A.Hill for Tillman as well as Prado for AJ Burnett

Which provides more value for me? Which makes more sense? I also have Machado hurting (but set to

return far sooner than Profar) and that makes Prado's 2b/3b/OF eligibility appealing and useful.

Which of these 2 would you suggest? I am not too worried about losing a P since there are some

decent options on the wire I have my eye on.

As always, thanks for any help you can provide!

Leave a link; I will do my best to help back.

-TWS

I would get Hill since you are only giving up Tillman. Never been to high on the guy. Besides I much rather part ways with Tillman than with Burnett.

Or you can see what Jon Kelly (low K potential) can bring you as a 2nd baseman?

Yahoo has Brad Miller as a 2nd baseman and SS. If he's available in the waiver wire, pounce buddy.

Take hill for tillman in a second. I would take that deal even if profar was healthy. Prado gets overrated because of his position eligibility. He plain out sucked for most of the year last year. Tillman is an ok pitcher. Without those 16 wins hes just another streamer.

andrew: that defeats my purpose. i have very little (quality) depth at 2b...prado has nice run production for a 2b...with nice eligibility. i can use XB or Arenado at 3b until Machado returns.

I realize people have concerns about AJ, but he has put up very nice back to back seasons in the NL...and I have never been a huge fan of Tillman, let alone in that very strong hitting division

as of now, leaning towards the Hill deal even though I usually like Prado a bit more

Ah, I didn't realize you had Machado down there. Still it could be worth it to try and flip one of the three. I'm just not high on either of those guys. AJ B is moving back to a hitter friendly park after finally putting up better numbers once moving to a pitcher's park. He'll get you strikeouts, but that's about it. And correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he had some health issues this preseason?

Both trades are winners. I would get prado since he can play everywhere on the diamond. Neither Burnett nor Tillman is clutch to ur chest at all costs types both streamable at best.

this league rosters a maximum of 14, don't use any RP or RP stats...most managers have at minimum 12 SP

there are very few decent ones available to stream...Guthrie may be the highest ranked (from 2013) out there to be had

this is why I value P (and the Ks/QS that AJ can bring) so much...and a main reason why I posed this in the first place

I understand that but I'm saying if you do those trades, you can sell the players you get in return for better pitchers than you had originally. That's what I would do, but it's your call. Take a look around your league and see what holes people have and potential trade partners.

Andrew: trade the 2b I am getting to try to fill a void left by lack of options in the draft and the loss of Profar?

Sorry---I am confused.

No saves. We voted it out as a league...no one values RP in this league...just our preference. It's a long-running family and friends league. We replaced HR with TB to value well-rounded hitters more than HR hitters due to the lack of 30+ HR hitters nowadays.

We don't get 5 DL spots---that's just how many of my guys should open the year on the DL...sadly. haha

As for losses, they are not a category in our P stats; Ws/QS/Ks/ERA/WHIP are used there.

Hill for Tillman is pretty solid, considering Tillman is basically going undrafted or toward the very end of a draft. Hill is considered a top-10 to top-12 2B and plays for a pretty decent team in ARI. Love that deal for you.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=434085

Archived