NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bench rankings

hailfire4

I have 6 hitters on my bench and need to start 2 in my deep keeper sig league. For 3B starter Todd Frazier and Will Middlebrooks is my only option have to hope 1 comes through. For Util the 3B loser, Crawford, Avisail. DeAza, Franklin are my choices. How would u rank all 6 guys? DeAza is in a platoon with Viciedo and Franklin may go to the minors so they are my 2 lowest rated options IMO. TY for any comments and insites.

As far as Middlebrooks vs Frazier, it's hard to tell because they're basically the same guy. Low AVG, high K guys who could hit 25HR and put up decent RBI totals because they're in a nice line up. I suppose I go with Middlebrooks because he has slighlty more upside in a slightly better lineup. After that I'd rank them like this

Garcia(Nice upside with the bat, but he's going to be batting average driven with his lack of walks)

DeAza(Does nothing particulary well, but is solid in all categories other than AVG,Viciedo is not long for the MLB))

Crawford(The clear #1 if I didn't think he'd miss a ton of games due to injury and an OF log jam)

Frazier(Typical bench slugger, he'll give you some HR and RBI at the cost of everything else)

Franklin(I believe his bat is better than he's shown, but he wont beat out Miller or Cano for a spot)

Thank you for the help on mine.

I would def put in Frazier and Middlebrooks (for now). He seems to be the only one that has a sure defined role out of the players you mentioned. If neither of those, than De Aza would be my 3rd choice only because he does a bit of everything.

Thanks for the help with mine.

I would go Middlebrooks just slightly over Frazier but it's almost a toss up and if one seems to be "hotter" than the other at any given time I would probably ride the hot hand.

For the UTIL slots... At this point in time I'm giving one to Crawford unless/until he shows he has nothing left and/or gets hurt (I'm cautiously optimistic about him though). The other i'd probably go De Aza unless Franklin somehow wins out a starting gig (don't think this will happen).

At the end of the day though there isn't much difference in your choices here and some will be made for you since I don't expect all these guys to play every day (if not outright back to the minors).

I say Middlebrooks at 3B, and then Frazier in the UTIL. You have to wait to know more with some of the other guys before you commit to them. At least with Middlebrooks and Frazier you know they have defined roles for the start of the season, even if they're inconsistent. And Middlebrooks isn't so old that he's a bust, so to speak. He still has potential as a somewhat late bloomer to hit for a good average. At least with him in you have some upside.

got to go with frazier over middlebrooks trust cinn lineup and ballpark more than bos.

crawford could hitt 280-300 with good steals and runs as long as healthy got the job even when kemp comes back imo over ethier

garcia upside power lineup

de aza platoon not a fan

frankilin yea hes not going to get the playing time with miller

thanks for the help on mine

De Aza may not platoon at this rate. He's raking this spring, and offers much better defense than Viciedo. I've also heard rumors of them trading Viciedo. Franklin is definitely expendable.

I like middlebrooks in the 3b slot, and i really like avisail. He's hitting 5th for now...and if Dunn starts off hitting sub 220, you there's a great chance he's your #4 for some parts of the season.

Thanks for the help on mine

Archived