NBC Sports Edge Forums

Verlander for Cole and Gordon? WHIR

lobsterback

Who wins this trade in a 8 team mixed league? OBP and SLG instead of AVG and HR, QS instead of W. 10 man benches.

I give: Gerrit Cole and Alex Gordon

I get: Justin Verlander

I'm a big fan of upgrading to a higher caliber player in such a shallow league, but am I giving up too much in Cole? I'm also rostering Fernandez, Cingrani, Cobb, Salazar, and Gray so I have plenty of exciting, and relatively unproven options. This is why I'm seeking a proven stud to compliment Bumgarner and my collection of youngsters.

Thanks for the help on mine. I like this trade for you especially since you have young studs like Fernandez, Cobb, and Gray. I'm high on Verlander this season and believe he'll have a nice bounce back season and he should give you more QS than Cole imo.

I like to live by the "don't trade hitting for pitching" law of fantasy baseball. So I wouldn't do this trade.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't think Gordon is much of a loss in an eight team league. It's not like we're talking Ryan Braun here.

Thanks for the input everyone. My other OFs are Choo, Myers, Granderson, Eaton, with Kemp on the DL and Aoki and Fowler on the bench. I really don't think Gordon gives me anything I can't make up with Kemp when healthy, and I can deal with the loss in slugging and RBIs when Aoki is in.

I'm considering asking the other owner to throw in Papelbon to make it a deal but that might be pushing the trade balance a bit.

Archived