NBC Sports Edge Forums

Acquiring JFernandez in a keeper...

Keep up to 7, forever. Essentially 5 x 5 roto. This year I kept all bats:

Bryce, Tulo, Votto, Beltre, Kipnis, CGomez, Bogaerts.

So my offense looks strong, but my pitching is week. Teheran, Salazar, with Minor & Fister injured.

At MI I have Kipnis, Tulo, BMiller, & Bogaerts, JLowrie, & Bonifacio on my bench (we start 2B, SS, & MI).

With this depth, I was approached by the Fernandez owner. He'd want Tulo or Bogaerts in return. If I deal XB for Fernandez, I think I'm much better this year. Hesitant to deal him though. Would love Bryce, Bogaerts, & JoFer in a keep forever league, but losing Tulo would hurt now.

So-

A- Deal Bogaerts for Fernandez and win now

B- Deal Tulo for Fetnandez. You'll still have enough offense & be set for years

C- Stay put. You'll be good once Minor & Fister are healthy.

Appreciate any thoughts. Leave a link. In always happy to help.

Agree with the above. Fernandez for Bogaerts could be an even trade in the long run.... could be. That said, Fernandez now opens you up a great window with your other prime hitters.

In addition, you have another seemingly very good young SS in Miller would may end up being 75% or better of Bogarts in the long run anyhow.

It might be helpful for you to put what rounds you get to keep each player in (if that is how the league is set up). With that being said, there is such a small sample size for XB at the moment and I think even if he does live up to the hype (which obviously isn't a guarantee), you get a legitimate SP in fernandez. I would DEFINITELY take Deal A. Deal B is good too because Tulo is such an injury risk, but A is better

Man I own Xander and Fernandez in a dynasty. I honestly think I would take the slight hit and deal Tulo mainly because he cant be counted on to stay healthy and Xander is going to be a monster. I know I am probably on my own on this one but I just watched this kid on espn and he has me feeling some type of way.

Man I own Xander and Fernandez in a dynasty. I honestly think I would take the slight hit and deal Tulo mainly because he cant be counted on to stay healthy and Xander is going to be a monster. I know I am probably on my own on this one but I just watched this kid on espn and he has me feeling some type of way.

I see why dude wants Xander. Dude will be a 1st rounder next year. Tulo gets hurt again and his value tanks a bit. Hard decision but I would get Fernandez some way.

Honestly, my first inclination was to deal Tulo. His injury concern isn't going away and he will be 30 in October (I know, it sounds like I'm saying he's old even though he's not). He certainly will still perform at a high level, but my fear is his injuries will only get worse with age or he makes a position change which will somewhat diminish his fantasy value.

Xander, on the other hand, has all the makings of a stud. He won't hurt you this year and his stock is only going to increase. For this year, I project something like 15 HR, a half dozen SB, and respectable counting stats in a good Sox lineup. That makes me lean towards keeping him. And I like Miller a lot and think he could end up a top 8 SS by year's end so even if Xander stumbles, you still have another solid option.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=435755

Thanks guys. I've watched Bogaerts too. I think he's special. Tulo has pretty much stopped running and is an elite hitter when he plays, but age/injury issues has me thinking he's the one to move.

Any more thoughts? Appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming.

If you truly believe in Bogaerts (which it seems you do) I think you'd regret moving him. Seems like you're lukewarm on Tulo at best. No one could fault you for moving Tulo for Fernandez when you get to keep both he and Bogaerts

I'm in a similar league (keep 6 forever) and had all three of them coming into the year (Tulo, Bogaerts, and Fernandez). I decided to trade Tulo (for Kipnis) and keep XB. I say swap Tulo for Fernandez. I doubt you'll regret it.

I have no problem with either of the first two deals, though I would probably prefer to keep Tulo over Bogaerts, even in a keep forever league. It's true that Tulo is a bit of an injury risk, but he's still only 29 years old and clearly top-2 at a shallow position. This really depends on how much you buy-in to the hype surrounding Bogaerts, because Fernandez is the real deal and is well-worth the price of either player you'd be sending away. Thanks for your help on mine.

Archived