NBC Sports Edge Forums

Acquiring JFernandez in a keeper...

Wait... So the question is really... Who do you rather keep: Tulo or Bogaerts (getting JFer).

Seriously?

Tulo is a known stud, top 15 player and Bogaerts a hyper prospects. Even if he becomes great it's not even sure he becomes Tulo-great. I don't know anyone who would deal Bogaerts for J-Fer straight up. I would at least need a Bogaerts+Baez deal in a dynasty.

So go for option A and get a top 5 SP for years to come.

**UPDATE**

Really appreciate all thoughts. I got an official offer. Keep forever league, I have a ton of hitting (particularly middle) & need pitching:

I get Jose Fernandez & Victorino (start 5 OF, currently starting KDavis & Fowler

I give Tulo & Lohse

My middle would be Kipnis, BMiller, & one of Bogaerts, Bonifacio, or JLowrie.

My SP would then be JoFer, Teheran, Minor, Fister (when they return), Salazar

Thoughts?

Don't like Victorino, he is as prone to the injury bug as Tulo if not more, and he's been battling hamstring issues. Not good news for a runner like him.

But getting Jofer is a big upgrade for your pitching. Its close, but I like the idea of being able to secure Jofer for the next 5-10 years, so I like this deal for you.

You're getting an injury prone player and giving an injury prone player. The difference is, the one you're getting is the B player on that side of the deal, and the one you're giving is the A player.

The Bogaerts deal was probably a little too good to be true anyway. Yet it's not impossible you'll be better off with Bogaerts. I'd go ahead and do this four player swap.

If I owned Fernandez, there is no way i would take any of those deals for him, the Fernandez owner must be a rube.

But if he wants to deal him I would trade Tulo.

Why would a Fernandez owner deal him in a dynasty league? Unless i was getting Trout or Goldschmidt or maybe Miggy I would keep Fernandez.

If I owned Fernandez, there is no way i would take any of those deals for him, the Fernandez owner must be a rube.

Why would a Fernandez owner deal him in a dynasty league? Unless i was getting Trout or Goldschmidt or maybe Miggy I would keep Fernandez.

Good point but it's happening, apparently

He's got pitching & is desperate for offense. Thinking now & not long term I guess.

He's got pitching & is desperate for offense. Thinking now & not long term I guess.

Then hit accept right away!!!

Archived