NBC Sports Edge Forums

Offered Choo for my Springer and Ventura

golden eagles

14 team league with 14x14 categories.

Pitching is very shallow on the WW in this league. My current SP rotation is Pineda, Ventura, Robbie Erlin, Sonny Gray, Chris Archer, Tyson Ross with Taijuan Walker (recent set back) and Iwakuma waiting in the wing.

My current OF is Stanton, Beltran, Rios, Calhoun and Springer for 3 OF spots and a Util.

The Choo owner offered it in a text message this morning. What do you all think I should do?

I hate to barge in but... ok hell yes I'm barging in, but at least I'm not hiding in the shadows reading your posts like you do to mine for all these years, stealing my knowledge and making yourself better.. haha ;p

I need Steals, steals I feel I may not get from Billy Hamilton b/c you can't steal 1st... So, goign for Springer here and getting some help on my pitchers, but giving up Choo and this is an OBP league that also counts Ks against you..

Is this good for both sides?

oh it counts Ks and OBP? then yeah I'd do that deal and take Choo probably.

I mean it's a good deal for both, just depends on if you think you can take the hit to your pitching.

To be fair.. This league counts 14 hitting categories and 14 pitching categories. And strikeouts aren't necessarily counted as a deduction. Just 1 category of 14.. Where Springer will add BB, HR, Total bases, OBP, SB, singles, doubles, triples (maybe?). As well as Ventura adding to Ks, K/9, IP, GS, era to name a few from pitching categories.

To be fair.. This league counts 14 hitting categories and 14 pitching categories. And strikeouts aren't necessarily counted as a deduction. Just 1 category of 14.. Where Springer will add BB, HR, Total bases, OBP, SB, singles, doubles, triples (maybe?). As well as Ventura adding to Ks, K/9, IP, GS, era to name a few from pitching categories.

You act like your OBP, avg, and total bases drops and that's not true. Also runs go up, Ks go down, we also count BBs too so you're saying springer is better than Choo at avg, obp, runs, total bases, walks, and Ks now too??? Lol everyone else would do this.

Yes we do count Ks as 1/14 hitting categories. Obp, BB, avg, are also in there as well lol

This is a tough one for me because I own all three of these guys in my league.... I think as someone said if this is a keeper league I would probably stay put as Springer and Ventura are huge Keeper chips.

If it's not a keeper I probably still wouldn't do it to be honest. Choo is a known quantity and will be solid across the board, but I'm a believer in Ventura and think Springer can give you a 20/20 season with a not kill your team average.

Anyone else here think Choo will lead the league in runs scored? Not many guys in that conversation.

Anyone else think Choo has one of the highest OBP in the league? Maybe Votto has higher, maybe?

Anyone think Choo leads the league in BB like last year? Lol probably

Yet somehow golden eagles has managed to put Springer into all those conversations and he's not even played 1 MLB game. Yes I like him, but to say he will beat Choo in all those areas is crazy talk. He must be drinking during the day today right? Damn some of us gotta work dude.

Choo is in one of the best hitters parks and one of the best lineups to boot. Don't tell me he is not way more valuable than Springer alone! That's why Ventura is a good piece in this trade and need I remind you everyone says do it.

5 mins left on the offer and then it's caput!

Archived