NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rotoworld's/Matthew Pouliot's Monthly Top 300 Overall

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hanley Ramirez at 3rd is a joke. Abreu 8th as a 1B isn't great. name brand still keep some guys still ranked better than they should be. machado at 5 is dumb. mauer isn't the number one catcher this isn't a few years ago.

Too High

Michael Brantley at 71 seems high to me although I like him.

Too Low

Alex Gordon at 197

Michael Morse at 208

Kazmir at 255

I think Jose in the top ten for SP is good enough...He is not first round talent...yet

I think Jose in the top ten for SP is good enough...He is not first round talent...yet

He's done it for an entire season now. He's the best SP in baseball. I'd accept #2 if you want to argue Kershaw. He doesn't belong lower than that.

The only people that would say this are people who don't have fantasy shares in Jose.

Fair enough...I always value hitters more than pitchers though so I am looking for Jose Fernandez 2.0 on the wire or in the late rounds

He's done it for an entire season now. He's the best SP in baseball. I'd accept #2 if you want to argue Kershaw. He doesn't belong lower than that.

Wainwright?

Wainwright?

K-rate, BB-rate, ERA, WHIP...Fernandez > in all since last year. And getting better.

Wainwright?

As a Cardinal fan, I'd trade Waino today for JoFer.

Feel bad for the casual fantasy leaguer who relies on these lists. Luckily, most of us here have been doing this long enough to be smart about how we value players now and going forward

lists just seem so pointless anyway because it's always so subjective

Bumgarner/Verlander > Jose Fernandez is a joke.

Cueto needs more love.

Fister hasn't even had a start yet but he's ahead of guys like Cashner/Lester/Teheran/Santana

Fernandez way too low, Hanley too high...those are the obvious ones. I'm not buying Beltre at #11 either. Too high for him. Cano at #20 may also be too high. At the end of the day though, these are just my opinions, as are the rankings of Pouliot's. Even if they crap, who cares..? Besides, it isn't a guarantee that Fernandez or any other guy we think should be ranked higher stays healthy all year, so it's possible they could finish lower than we anticipate if they need a DL stint. Just sayin'..

Didn't even read the list. Everyone has there own belief systems. His are just public. What works for him doesn't always work for everyone. I always stress to people to watch as much baseball as you can so you can objectively breakdown the players on your team with your own 2 eyes and not rely solely on the opinions of others.

Archived